My 4x4 ambulance

The US is way behind in vehicle safety as far as crash-worthiness goes. I have only seen equipment mounts even available in the last few years. The fire service in the US has ignored this issue as well. I have seen MANY lethal pieces of unsecured equipment (like halligan bars) laying in the floor or between the seats of fire apparatus. I've worked on plenty of ambulances where monitors, oxygen cylinders, etc. were laying around as well. A TON of attention needs to be directed at this issue.

What do you mean? The spare O2 tanks aren't supposed to be rolling around under the bench seat?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tip:

If you have more than one spare cylinder, and you need a clever place to keep it.. like under the bench seat. Strap it to a traction splint. We keep all of our splints under the bench seat, It also happens to be a safe place to keep the spares. When lacking cylinder holders, they are less likely to fly through the plastic doors of the equipment cabinet. So, I just strap them to the traction splints, and cover that with a blanket. Keeps them safe. If we need the splints, just put the tank in a bag temporarily.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

[/font:1ecec690aa] :D We have an 05 MedTec on a 450 Ford 4x4 chassis. Except for a few minor inconviences at the beginning, this has been a really good rig. Only problem was that it came with highway tires, and we are in the Northwoods of Wisconsin, so we got some really good Bridgestone lugs on it to get around.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.