1. 1.

• KED
    • Short Spine Board

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would that not make sense?

Are all of your MVAs single car, single occupant collisions?

And does it really "make sence" to be out-of-service until you get your one KED back from the ER?

:?

Sorry should have been more specific..

Make sence to our service.

1) we would never leave the ER without our KED because our ER is 2.5 hrs away... we will wait.

2) In our service we have such a long transport time I coulden't imagine sitting on scene for X amount of time putting 2 KED's on.

3) Yes ALL of our calls are single occupant single vehicle!! :roll:

I used a short board once. We got our ambulance stuck in the sand on beach and it was the only thing we had for traction. Other than that it was used for collecting dust.

I used a short board once. We got our ambulance stuck in the sand on beach and it was the only thing we had for traction. Other than that it was used for collecting dust.

That just might be a good enough reason to keep one around. :lol:

We carry an XP1 and a KED. Prefer the XP1. We have used both quite a bit in our service. We train quite a bit on them. Because of our rural location, we have tons of MVC's and these are so easy to use, and beneficial for patient care. We have had people injured in falls, run over by tractors, etc. that cannot lay down because of airway compromise or SOB. Put them in an XP1 and properly strap and pad and the doctors are happy.

We have 1 short board and 1 KED on our ambulances. We used the short board once for an infant who was thrown off a horse with her adult rider.It worked great as a LSB due to pt's size.

You could have done a much better job of immobilizing the kiddo with the KED. It is almost designed with that situation in mind. Particularly, when considering the design of most vehicles, the KED is best suited for kids and hip fractures.

AZCEP,

Wouldn't the size of the KED be a hinderance to providing pt. care once we arrived at the ambulance? My thinking was, being on the board would allow us easier access to perform a more detailed assessment.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.