MySpace cost Medic His Job

A lawyer with his briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with guns

"Closely linked to [the] idea of the burden of guilt is the burden of responsibility. Decisions by groups in boardrooms are often of a nature that an individual would not make, but the ability to diffuse individual responsibility into the group often results in corporate decisions that no member of the corporation would claim for his or her own. Ironically, rather than pooling the moral conscience, it is diffused in the group setting; it seems to dissipate into the atmosphere. The group will always make more ethically suspect decisions than the individual, for the group can never bear responsibility in the same manner as the individual."

~ Kimlyn Bender

"I like bats much better than bureaucrats. I live in the Managerial Age, in a world of "Admin."* The greatest evil is not now done in those sordid "dens of crime" that Dickens loved to paint. It is not done even in concentration camps and labour camps. In those we see its final result. But it is conceived and ordered (moved, seconded, carried, and minuted) in clean, carpeted, warmed, and well-lighted offices, by quiet men with white collars and cut fingernails and smooth-shaven cheeks who do not need to raise their voice. Hence, naturally enough, my symbol for Hell is something like the bureaucracy of a police state or the offices of a thoroughly nasty business concern.

~ CS Lewis, The Screwtape Letters

"A town so small it doesn't have enough business to support one lawyer, but more than enough to support two."

~ Anon.

----------------

*Present company excepted, puh-leeze!

I too am disgusted and frightened by the way that people cry foul and racism and other epithets for perceived wrongs committed against them.

I refuse to go further as I might get sued.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.