MySpace cost Medic His Job

The earlier post on this subject has turned out to be prophetic...

MySpace posting ends in lawsuit.

AMR has already fired him and he is facing a multi-million dollar suit. All I know is that the posting said "(No F'ing way I am posting what the Medic said on MySpace)" even though it has been released by the local media. NO specific details were given though as far as I have heard so far.

More details will probably come out in time. Definitely a warning for everyone who posts.

Peace,

Anonymous EMT City poster who is in no way connected to nor carries any liability for the poster formerly known as Marty, et al. :wink: :roll:

I am not surprised. It was only a matter of time..... and this was only comments made on a site. Just look at the accident pics that are on youtube and other sites, where you are able to see the victims. I am surprised we haven't seen more of it, unless this is just the tip of the iceberg. Myspace isn't the only site where this will occur....

Remember.... if you post something that can potentially bite you in the ***, it probably will...

Be safe,

Annie

And you people wonder why I don't have a MySpace account...and never will.

I also read in a paper from back home, that a local officer was arrested for DUI. He pleaded out and was somehow attempting to get his job back, saying it was a one time deal and blah blah. The judge looked at the pics on his MySpace account and refused to give him his job back because there were pics on there of the cop drinking.

I have a myspace acct that's set for private, and even then i don't have anything that offensive up. Hell, the 2 pics i got of myself are me holding a way too sweet shirley temple and another of me hiding under a blanket.

Seems to me he didn't get fired for violating HIPAA, he got fired for bringing bad press to the Empire.

Of course, we'd need the details to confirm that. If he posted an address, a name, whatever, I have no sympathy for him.

If he said "I transported a rape victim today and I felt bad, maybe women should carry guns to protect themselves," I'd say fight it all the way. Since the police say he didn't violate any laws (HIPAA being a law), I'd say this is probably the way to go.

"The lawsuit contends the posting led TV reporters to her door, prompted neighborhood reconnaissance and may have impeded the police investigation"

If that statement is true then he must have posted details that ID'd the victim. Not cool. Really not enough in the article for me to come up with an opinion on whether or not he should have lost his job.

If you read the entire article it is pretty clear that he ID'd the victim. Since people who read it were able to go to her door. So that means he deserves to get fired, without any question. I work for the evil empire and while they do stupid things pretty much all the time this was definitely warranted in my opinion.

The local press has printed what he said on MySpace and no he did not name the victim. I am not going to be food for some bottom feeding ambulance chasing piece of crap so I am not going to repost what he said. Trust me when I say it was very generic as far as has been reported. The whole "led reporters to her door" is BS since every police, fire, and ambulance call is monitored by the media. The media knew about this call way before the posting. What the suit is saying is the media took publicly available information and tied it to the post. The local media even uses the freedom of information act to get MDT transcripts from AMR.

I am personally disgusted by this, the internet is the new tobacco industry for lawyers. Lawsuits are flying everywhere around the country over internet postings. As far as AMR let's be honest they are just protecting their ass. I am sure they will file to separate themselves from this suit and that is why they fired him.

You are looking at the beginning of a new censorship movement for the internet. Maybe I am wrong but it seems to me the 1st amendment does not say anything about health information from private individuals. Also the fourth amendment is about goverment invading personal information, not individuals. This is just another way our individual freedoms are being destroyed. Be careful what you say, post, or even think the lawyers and facists are waiting to take you down. If the press is so worried about private healthcare information then why did they report on such things as Britneys rehab? The gory details of Anna Nicoles death were all over the news, yet a Medic mentions the neighborhood a rape happened and he is fired and sued.

Sorry for the rant but this crap is getting old to someone who believes in the freedom of speech. Hence my new avatar, we are living in dark days when one can be sued for your public thoughts.

Peace,

Marty

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.