Aye! Mi Heuvos!

ERDoc

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave the labs that were asked for on page 2. There is nothing really remarkable. This case can be diagnosed clinically. You have a guy from Mexico with no rpimary care (other than a walk-in clinic) with orchitis, parotitis and a fever. What is going on here?

Hint: The answer has already been mentioned.

I had my suspicions regarding the diagnosis; however, I still wanted to rule out other etiologies. In addition, I do not want to ruin the answer for others still thinking the scenario through.

Take care,

chbare.

I had my suspicions regarding the diagnosis; however, I still wanted to rule out other etiologies. In addition, I do not want to ruin the answer for others still thinking the scenario through.

Take care,

chbare.

Well, we are on the 3rd page of this scenario. It's time for someone to step up and say what it is. Go for chbare.

Nope, not mumps....

Hmmm, let me see if I can get anyone's lightbulb to shine bright (other than Michael and Chbare).

Clue #1: Migrant worker and rural area (what type of work do they usually do and what exists in larger quanities in rural areas?)

Clue#2: Time is awasting... TICK tock TICK tock

Clue #3: MITEy subtle clue

Clue #4: which drink is a lemon/LYME(lime) combo

ok, those were just clues but what illness would be diagnosed purely on a clinical basis and why? No rashes or bites were noticed on the body...why?

Is there an illness that could possibly take up to a month or longer to manifest after the original exposure?