How much do you charge?

Either you are getting below local payment percentage OR watch out for the medicare insurance audit !.....................

Anyone that gets that much pecentage..... hmmm .. thats great, because even professional billing companies brag on their 60-70 %

Be safe,

Ridryder 911

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow 88 to 90% collection rate? Wow that is amazing. Our billing clerk is very good at what she does but even then we have a lot that go into a collection agency. Could be our area, but hey that's a great percentage.

Simple...

$0.00

We don't charge our Pts for services rendered or miles traveled

(Directly anyway)

We work off the local tax base so basically we get paid by the town who gets paid by the Pt. ( and every other home and property owner in the district for that matter) in the form of thier annual property taxes

• 3 weeks later...

We run a free service and we're totally funded by voluntary contributions. The township uses our equipment during the day (6am to 6pm M-F), the police get AED pads, O2, and stuff from us for when they're on site first, and in return we get about $50,000 annually from them. That barely covers our insurance costs with a building, three ambulances, one MCI vehicle and one first responder vehicle (NJ has the highest insurance costs in the US).

We go to the community for donations and raise about $40,000-$50,000 that way, and we seek grants and such when we can get them. Other squads in the area run similarly.

How unusual is this nationwide or worldwide?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I leave the billing ting up to my employers......they got the billing department and I have absolutely nothing to do with it..... I do not want to know what goes on behind them doors cause they are basically none of my business........that is until my paycheck bounces.......... LOL.

Don't laugh too hard...that has happened to employees where I work!!! But thankfully not since I have worked there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.