first responder teaching scenarios

swn919

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
They shouldnt be that hard to make up, eh? What is the primary goal of the first responder? O2, AED, first aid, call for help pretty much right?

hey dont diss my cert...just kidding. Your pretty much right, depending on what book your using (we used the AAOS First Responder third edition) go to www.firstrespondertraining.com

• 4 months later...

If I was teaching I would do as my trainer done and that was take real calls that you have run and other FR, EMT/B, EMT/P around you have run in the past and use those. A good FR should be ready for even the worst of calls. I started out as a Firefighter/First Responder @ a volunteer fire dept. our medic units were any where from 15 to 35 min. out. I have worked on GSW, Codes, MVC, CVA. We had 2 EMT-P at the dept. and 3 EMT-IV and 8 FR. The real calls used I think helped me all around. Good luck.

If I was teaching I would do as my trainer done and that was take real calls that you have run and other FR, EMT/B, EMT/P around you have run in the past and use those. A good FR should be ready for even the worst of calls. I started out as a Firefighter/First Responder @ a volunteer fire dept. our medic units were any where from 15 to 35 min. out. I have worked on GSW, Codes, MVC, CVA. We had 2 EMT-P at the dept. and 3 EMT-IV and 8 FR. The real calls used I think helped me all around. Good luck.

It's true that a First Responder should be ready for any call, but really at that level there are not too many varieties of calls since you aren't transporting and don't give any meds. If the pt is actually sick or hurt you give them oxygen, if they are bleeding you stop it, if they have been in a car accident get them out and spinal them, if it is just a medical call give them oxygen and ask lots of questions. There's not a whole lot to it.

when we do trainings we like to take scenerios that remember from the practicals. or we'll add small tricks to make sure people are paying attention (i.e. patient found down in the snow, no heart beat, make sure the person is dry when using aed)...that one gets a lot of people every time.

hey dont diss my cert...just kidding. Your pretty much right, depending on what book your using (we used the AAOS First Responder third edition) go to www.firstrespondertraining.com

First Responder is for people too dumb to pass EMT classes!

:D :sign5:

Just playin and you know it!

• 2 months later...
First responders shouldn't be teaching period.

Wow, did you even read the thread?

This person was looking for scenarios to give to first responders for practise. And why shouldn't first responders teach other first responders?

Also, -50 for bringing up a dead thread and not contributing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.