Poll: Gender balance in EMS

How's the gender balance in your service/area?  

55 members have voted

1. 1.

• WAY more guys than gals
    • More guys than gals
    • It's about even
    • More gals than guys
    • WAY more gals than guys

My EMT class of 30 some odd people only has about 5 girls. WAY more guys then girls. From what I've seen of the EMT-I and P students, they are about the same as us.

well...unfortuantely we have a small crew because we are a private transport company...we have 3 full time ladies...and 5 full time guys...i think it evens out somewhat...i don;t know...i dont think it should matter what the ratio is to a company...just as long as they do their job...that is all i care about.

My EMT class of 30 some odd people only has about 5 girls. WAY more guys then girls. From what I've seen of the EMT-I and P students, they are about the same as us.

in my emt class there was ONE guy

I'm in the FDNY's first combined "Fire Suppression" and EMS operations "house." However, I'll restrict my response to the EMS side.

Of 52 personnel (EMTs, Paramedics, Lieutenants, and a Captain) for 3 BLS, 2 ALS, a"Conditions" (supervisor's) Car, and the captain, we have 2 lady Paramedics, and one EMT.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.