Defib design - What's the problem?

makes poptarts too :)

I would like something a little more compact, with more ease of use like others have said. With bluetooth, it would be much more convenient with having less wires all over the place.

Anyone else notice they are a pain in butt to carry around too?

I see a lot of great suggestions here so I won't re-invent the wheel. I'm from a very rural area where our service area can be anywhere from 1 mile to 100 miles so battery life is a must. Our roads are not the greatest so the monitor needs to be able to differentiate between heart rhythm and bad roads.

All the other suggestions including a way to strap it to the gurney I agree with whole heartedly. One suggestion...don't have so many bells and whistles that it takes college class and several hours of lab work to figure it all out.

All I use are AED's, and not 12 lead integrateds, but what about a wireless transmitter for the 12 electrode pads so you can't have the wires coming out of the pt, and have to keep the box within the wires range. With this, you don't have to lug heavy box right next to the patient. You can carry it around and monitor it like it's not even hooked up!

One suggestion...don't have so many bells and whistles that it takes college class and several hours of lab work to figure it all out.

I know it's out of context...but really, this is a very familiar approach to EMS... :lol:

I see a lot of great suggestions here so I won't re-invent the wheel. I'm from a very rural area where our service area can be anywhere from 1 mile to 100 miles so battery life is a must. Our roads are not the greatest so the monitor needs to be able to differentiate between heart rhythm and bad roads.

All the other suggestions including a way to strap it to the gurney I agree with whole heartedly. One suggestion...don't have so many bells and whistles that it takes college class and several hours of lab work to figure it all out.

Understand-Panda.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.