Texas at it again

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Since we went down this path, what exactly is wrong with being conservative? I'll admit that most of my social positions lean more towards Libertarian, but since they can't get it together long enough to run a decent national candidate, I am a registered Republican.

A gun isn't used for anything else except killing.

Except target shooting. Furthermore, what exactly is wrong with hunting? Hunting is a lot like abortion. There are good uses for both, but there are also times when people use them for the wrong reasons.

3. If you are going to advocate banning something [as I posted earlier], you should be able to show that it will help society. Banning guns will work just as well as banning drugs. Interesting how it seems that there are plenty of people still able to get drugs. If we were to ban guns, then the only people to give away their guns will be law abiding citizens. As I posted earlier, case law clearly limits the responsibility that the government has to protect any single individual.

Anyway, basic firearms safety is to never point a gun and anything you don't intend to kill. Firearm safety says guns should not be used as a means of deterrence or coercion.

You've got a good point, for once.

If more crime victims start shooting to kill instead of just producing the weapn to scare the crook off, we might actually start getting somewhere.

You see, if you whip out a gun and someone is in fear for their life, you suddenly become guility of the crime of menacing, intimidation, and some other things.

Oh MAN this is the funniest thing I've read all week.

"Officer, that lady put me in fear of my life with her gun! I want her arrested!"

"Welp, if you hadn't been trying to rape her at the time, d'ya think she would've pulled the gun on you?"

Not even cops are dumb enough to arrest someone who uses a gun to scare off a criminal. Not even Massachusetts cops.

OK I read the first few posts and then decided to post cause I'm sure of what's in the middle (I've been through a few of these discussions before) #1 the constitution givs us the right to keep and bear arms, it's unequivocal it's there don't argue the point. Where we have problems comes into the concealed phase (Yes I think it is unconstitutional to ban open carry but I'm just an EMT-S not a supreme court arguing lawyer) I think we are up to 44 or 46 states that have some sort of shall issue permit for CCW obviously NY and Cali will never fall in line on this one.

I live in a suburban area and I do not expect the police to save me. It's too big of an area with to few police officers. I love them to death they are all great guys they just have a lot to do. But if you move into the city you're worse off because they have longer response times there then they do out by me. Bottom line don't count on anyone else for your safety

I have a right to protect myself and my family with deadly force if nessecary. and I will use that right if I have to

I also feel initial training and ongoing training need to be part of the CCW process hell we need CE's to keep our medical licenses why not for a CCW and not just the laws and hit a pistol target at 7 yards on a nice range. I feel some IDPA style ranges should be used along with maybe some Hand to hand combat under the guise of weapons retention. I feel people should know what to do if they find themselves on the ground with a BG grabbing for their gun. I feel that we should be able to secure long guns in our vehicle for the SHTF type scenario. A pistol is not a true fighting weapon it should be used to get to the long gun.

To our Icelandic brother, I'm glad your country is the way it is. I'm sad we have to be this way but we do. I'm not going to let the criminals win and if I just leave it to law enforcement they will.

:roll: :roll: While some people make good points, they tend to hurt the cause by not using the spell check or the proper forms of a word.

Icelandic?????

:? Icelandic is the proper adjective. He's referring to an earlier poster from Iceland who was relating firearms in his country.

Sorry, I thought he was referring to bushy

Asys- I reread the entire thread and found I missed your response to my poke at your stats (which I had a grammatical error in). To your response, I have this to say:

I base my belief on the philosophy that I stated on page three of this thread. I could continue to expound on it, but you get the idea, I am sure. My subsequent posts are not to make any argument other than the fact that stats are an idiotic way to fight a philosophical battle. You made the best argument in your take on page 3. Since then, you have simply argued aimlessly with "facts" that are just as debateable as the "facts" that are presented by the pro-CCW side. We can trade stats all day long that support our beliefs, but the truth is simply what we make it. You are not going to change anybodies mind with statistical data, you have to change the heart to change the mind. Using rational, thoughtful ideological debate is the only way to sway someones view on such an embedded issue.

Continuing to challenge peoples belief in self-sufficiency and self-preservation is one of the most futile endeavors you can ever attempt. Kudos to you for trying, but not if the end is the further immasculation of America. We are now a country of soft, mindless sheep that are willing to spend more time watching American Idol than educating ourselves in the operation, debate and decision making of our own country. Farenheit 451 is so close to the truth these days that I will not be shocked when they start banning the books. It is the incremental degradation of our rights in the interest of protecting us from ourselves that will ultimately finish off the liberty Americans once enjoyed. Cast your vote on American Idol and enjoy, because that is the society you are creating.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.