Come to the UK!

nremtp

nremtp: I neglected to tell you that I am frequently in the UK and know what life is like in the UK. I think you could better use your energy on bringing things to the UK like...A good steak. Rump steak served in all the pubs does not even compare.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to see what other systems do. i would love to spend some time over there with you lot seeing how its done.

You need to give up the pie in the sky and concentrate on being a good medic.

Somedic

Guys, please tread carefully here.

Nowhere in the UK can you make 40K sterling for 3x12 hour shifts a week, £32k in rural areas, near £35k in London.

Cost of living will cripple you here, a TINY house or apartment in London is £300K plus, everything is expensive, we are known as treasure Island by international companies!

We are not 'desperately short' of medics, on the contrary, there are large numbers of EMT's waiting in the wings for a chance to qualify.

Increasingly, meaningful numbers of Ambulance staff are emigrating, Australia/New Zealand/Canada & USA are all popular destinations.

Before anyone jumps on the bandwagon please do your research thoroughly.

Best regards,

Paramaniac

Paramaniac: Thanks for bringing the ground truth to this sbject. I am told there are lots of people in the UK that want to be Paramedics. I would bet most UK medics would say the same things you are saying.

I dont think anyone here is stupid enough to take nremtps idae too seriously.

Somedic

Congradualtions: Welcome to the land of fat people, no sense of decency, and a government gone crazy!

You should have interesting times here. There is always room for another witty Brit over here! Cheers!

Somedic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I want to RSI, cric, chest tube, pace, cardiovert, have 70+ drugs, ummmm c-section, amputate, operate, and diagnosis and send people home with 200 hours of education.

No 300 hours. But then I can bilat amputate...and transplant ape hearts (look it beats)...

Go home.

What are you talking about? Have I missed someing, your comments seem quite random in this thread.

Surly your not suggesting that we only get 2 r 300 hours of training and education.

Please explain!

The exchange rate would encourage Paramedics to come to the UK as the salary we are offering is £40,000 for 3 x 12 hour shifts

I would love to know were this is possible for a paramedic in the UK. In the last year I did 40 to 50 hours of OT per month and still only got 36,000 before tax.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.