taking stuff from hospitals ?(lets be honest)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say Sux and a large dose of Niacin to cause the hot flash. paralyze them, breath for them but make em feel the flash.

Rats: just re read this, I do like the way you think.... :)

but off topic a touch sorry, no tube hmmm and thats Murder not theft, gottcha. :twisted:

cheers

ps Its not the RNs that steal my Pens....its the DOCS! :shock:

If you have to take from the hospital to make sure your truck is stocked then you are still stealing - what happens if you take from the hospital and use that equipment on a patient that goes to another hospital? Isn't that stealing?

So wait- I'm supposed to keep track of which one-time use supplies came from which hospital?

I only do that with IV drip sets, for reasons stated previously.

Otherwise, it can't possibly matter that the sheet and blanket I got from hospital A get used on a patient going to hospital B. Same reason I got a Mass General sheet at a hospital 60 miles away. It happens.

So wait- I'm supposed to keep track of which one-time use supplies came from which hospital?

I only do that with IV drip sets, for reasons stated previously.

Otherwise, it can't possibly matter that the sheet and blanket I got from hospital A get used on a patient going to hospital B. Same reason I got a Mass General sheet at a hospital 60 miles away. It happens.

I think the point ruff is trying to make is that STOCKING your truck from the ER is wrong. If you drop off a patient and RESTOCK what you used, then it's not stealing, it's replacing items. STOCKING should be completed prior to the rig hitting the street, which should be done at the station. That's how I interpeteted it.... 8)

Did your service initially contribute 'x' amount of each item of linen to the system? As long as your service doesn't now have more than that amount then there is no stealing, you are simply exchanging. But if you go in and drop off a patient with one sheet and take 3 that is stealing.

Did your service initially contribute 'x' amount of each item of linen to the system? As long as your service doesn't now have more than that amount then there is no stealing, you are simply exchanging. But if you go in and drop off a patient with one sheet and take 3 that is stealing.

When you constantly deal with people who use use use and don't replace, you do what you have to do. The hospital will get them back in short order, don't worry about that. It all evens out in the end. It's a SHEET for god's sake. When I walk out with a thorocotomy tray, a monitor, and the linen cart the sheet came from, you can accuse me of a crime. Until then, keep your goody two shoes on your own feet.

Only time I ever saw knew somebody to really overdo it is when I was checking my truck one morning and a coworker approaches me.

"Hey listen, if you happen to use your pulse-ox today going to XYZ Hospital... umm, I would suggest you leave the pulse-ox in the truck when you get there." *headdesk*

i dont ever take stuff from the hospitals for myself, but i'm known at the local hospitals as the blanket stealer, cuz keeping a patient warm is my biggest thing......

what else have you taken for pt's or for yourself ?

nothing big... just sheets and blankets that our service offers at the hospital. I'm sure if i needed something big, i could just ask for it. What do you guys do if you run out of a med half-way through shift? Do you get it from the hospital or does a supervisor bring it to you?

nothing big... just sheets and blankets that our service offers at the hospital. I'm sure if i needed something big, i could just ask for it. What do you guys do if you run out of a med half-way through shift? Do you get it from the hospital or does a supervisor bring it to you?

our sup is supposed to bring it....but we also overstock our rigs such that we generally don't run out..

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.