Took the CBT today

I took the NREMT-B CBT test today at Campbellsville University. I arrived about 40 minutes before my scheduled time, and once I got checked in, they went ahead and allowed me to start the test early since I was the only one testing. It took me about 35-40 mins and I answered around 90-95 questions before it kicked me out. I have a good feeling about having passed, but the waiting game stinks! Is 90-95 questions passable? I enjoyed the experience, which was very relaxed, and I didn't even have to lock my wallet up, lol. B)

I should know my results by tuesday or wednesday.

Good luck, Jeff. --Yeah, the waiting for results stinks.

I'll be taking mine in the next 2 weeks or so. I can't wait to get to it. We had our final exams last week and have to wait another week for the practicals, and then the written. . . Can't come soon enough for me!!

SARgal

Thanks!

As to EMT-I or Paramedic, I want to give myself some time to do well as an EMT-B before making a big leap like that. KY hasn't had EMT-I certification to my knowledge but it is rumored that we will be getting it eventually. I would probably wait another 2-4 years before going into Medic classes at least. Around my area, there is a new class starting up every two years, so I am likely going to be at least 2011 before making that jump. I will be 31 years old then. We will see.

Heh, heh, heh. 31, eh? Age is something I've been thinking over. I'm turning 45 soon and am considering Intermediate, maybe paramedic level. The next available class is Jan 2008, so I have a good 6-7 mos to think it over while working BLS.

Congrats again!

SARgal

Congratulations on passing Jeff!!!! :occasion5:

Please do not hesitate going forward. I really don't think you would be happy as a basic for "2-4" years. Go get your paramedic education now.

Just some food for thought from this old-timer medic student.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.