Con-Ed in Iraq

I am currently working in Iraq as a Firefighter/Paramedic, and I have been asked to teach a EMT-B refresher course. I live in Virginia, and they require I be a EMT-B instructor to teach a refresher class.I am also a Registered Nurse. The guys i will teach are from all over the United States. The base i am on is very small, and the Aid Station doesnt offer con-ed for EMS. I have the information i need to teach the refresher to them. My question is, if i teach them, will the hours count for there con-ed.

Thank you for your assistance.

So you are asking if the class will count for each of your students??

Well since your students are from all over, it will be up to them to find out if their state will accept it. If they are doing it for National Registry, no it will not count unless you are a formal registered class, licensed/recognized by a state or sponsored by a school, business, etc. The same goes for several states as well, so it is up to them or you to do some homework and make some calls.

I am in Afghanistan myself and have already taught two EMT classes. I did them on my own time and did them through the military college. I had military students as well as WSI guys such as yourself ( I assume).

Just be sure to do everything legitimate as you dont want to shortchange your students. If their state will not recognize the class because you are not a certified instructor in their state or not a certified course this could be problamatic.

Now if you want some information on how to do a refresher that is sponsored by a legitimate school and recognized by a state and National Registry, send me a pm. I have a very simple solution for this situation.

Good luck!

The base i am on is very small, and the Aid Station doesnt offer con-ed for EMS.

This is not unique. I have been at two of the three largest air bases in Iraq, and they didn't do certifiable con-ed for EMS either. My last two assignments have been on camps so small that we were lucky to even have a BAS, much less con-ed.

I will be interested to see if others have solutions for this.