Canadian National Paramedic Competition - U.S. teams

Sorry this is an older announcement I just found... but thought I'd share it here as this latest one is geared to our neighbours south of the border (hope it's not too late).

I do have the flyers as well and even though I can't seem to upload them here... put them on rapidshare for anyone to download at:

http://rapidshare.com/files/20251400/Durham_Competition.zip

Canadian National Paramedic Competition looking for U.S. teams

The 5th annual Durham Paramedic Association National Paramedic Skills Competition is taking place March 31st. 2007 in Whitby Ontario, Canada.

The Competition now in its 5th year is looking for the inclusion of U.S. teams.

"We would love our U.S. counterparts to come up and compete with us", The Competition is a great learning experience and growth opportunity for everyone involved, we also have a lot of fun" said Rob Johnstone a member of this years organizing committee.

Teams compete in 3 divisions. Student, ALS and BLS.

The competition has grown to be a major event in Canadian EMS and last year attracted major media attention.

The competition includes a pre-event meet and greet, small trade show and awards gala dinner.

Sponsorship opportunities also exist.

Interested teams can contact:

Jim Harris

(905) 431-2356

jharris@basehospital.lakeridgehealth.on.ca

For an information package.

and here is some other information that wasn't posted in the Canucks forum :|

Durham Paramedic Association Paramedic Skills Competition

The Durham Paramedic Association is proud to announce the 5 th Annual National Paramedic Skills Competition will be held March 31st. 2007 in Whitby Ontario, Canada.

The Competition now in it's 5th year challenges competitors in a one day challenge utilizing the latest of Human Simulation technology. (SIM-MAN http://www.laerdal.com)

With a mix of academic tests, real life scenarios and other team challenges medics of all levels both military and civilian compete in this popular event.

"There's an element of adrenaline and pressure in the competition-you're being judged"

Rob Burgess

Toronto Star 2006

The event is an excellent learning and growth opportunity for all those who participate and challenges even the most seasoned of veterans in a realistic learning focused environment.

The nations Paramedics are available in some form to all Canadians. As a growing profession it is important to showcase what we do.

" Being a Paramedic has changed allot over the years, it's no longer just a ride to the hospital. I think the public who attended this years event really saw that"

Rob Johnstone

JEMS.Com 2006

Canadians are interested in their Emergency Responders and Health Services.

The Durham Paramedic Associations Paramedic Skills Competition is open to spectators and we encourage the attendance of the general public.

"We would love the public to come out and see what Paramedics do"

Jim Harris Competition Chair

CKDO Radio 2006

A media facilitator will be available prior to the competition and at the venue through to the awards ceremony. Planning committee members and teams may also be available for interviews.

Teams practice well in advance of the competition and a teams(s) may be available for shadowing prior to the competition.

A demonstration of the "SIM" technology SIM MAN and SIM BABY at our simulation centre may also be available.

The Competition is non-profit and raises money for charity every year at its silent auction during the awards ceremony.

The goal of the Competition is to provide Paramedics with an enjoyable, challenging educational experience to enhance the delivery of pre-hospital care to our communities.

"Excellence through challenge"

Interested media are invited to contact.

Rob Johnstone

Public Affairs Officer 2007.

(905) 419-0743

rob_wj@yahoo.ca

I highly recommend competing, if for nothing else, a good time!! I volunteered at this event for the 2 years I was a student at Durham and its a fun time.... the scenarios are usually pretty wild too!

MedicMal

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.