64 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a few years ago they tested this theory in Cincinatti, OH. It worked great for a while, until a dumb arse ruined it for everyone. They were able to exclude transport for those just needing a prescription refill, minor cuts, scrapes, teeth related complaints, and other minor things. They were also given the option of transporting to an outpatient clinic for these complaints. Required transport was any reason for altered LOC (including drunks), chest pain, head injury, fractures, stabbings, shootings, etc. What screwed it up for them was a medic who denied transport to an altered LOC patient who he thought was drunk - later determined he had head injury, so that was the end of the trial. I'm unaware of any other services with this policy. Most I know are "you call, we haul" no matter how trivial the complaint.

The government mandates that I see all pts that come to the ER, so you guys should have to transport them too. :twisted: A little "kick the dog" syndrome is good I say. :twisted:

We see all patients, but we don't transport all patients that would be just pure stupidity.

That would be like you having to do surgery on all patients, even the ones that really do not have a problem.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.