Weird ECG? Need opinions

akroeze

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I don't see anything of concern here. The "varying amplitude" of the QRS is because of the wavy baseline. The QRS appears to actually measure out to be the same size and there seems to be a lot of artifact. I think The notching is just because of the artifact or some electrical interference.

Akroeze,

You may have a left anterior hemiblock (blockage of the anterior fascicle of your left bundle). There is evidence of left axis deviation and a Q wave in L1 and a prominent S in L3. You need a proper 12 lead to be truely diagnostic. (Make sure the limb leads are truely on your limbs, and not just L & R upper chest and L flank)

I'm no expert by any means, but most likely you'll live :wink:

you'll be fine, I didn't see anything alarming... lots of artifact and baseline drift. A 12-lead would be nice to see. If you feel like you might have a cardiac condition it's probably best to see your doctor thou... I did see some strange settings on the strip thou, i was looking for calibration settings right off the bat because I expected maybe you had some whacky settings on that caused you to get weird tracings. On some of the strips it said 20mV/mm and at other places it said 40mV/mm, i'm not familiar with that brand of monitor so i don't know for sure.

do you guys have the super-sweet new Philips monitor?

you'll be fine, I didn't see anything alarming... lots of artifact and baseline drift. A 12-lead would be nice to see. If you feel like you might have a cardiac condition it's probably best to see your doctor thou... I did see some strange settings on the strip thou, i was looking for calibration settings right off the bat because I expected maybe you had some whacky settings on that caused you to get weird tracings. On some of the strips it said 20mV/mm and at other places it said 40mV/mm, i'm not familiar with that brand of monitor so i don't know for sure.

do you guys have the super-sweet new Philips monitor?

Yes, we have the super sweet new monitor :)

We were (still are?) the largest deployment of them in North America.

As far as the settings, the monitor automatically attempts to find the "best" size

Calibration wise, there isn't one for that reason (constant changing size)

• 3 weeks later...

Tombstones?!? :shock:

Jeez, there's nothing remotely resembling tombstoning, don't get the poor guy scared!

Throw out all the strips with artifact, they're useless. The clear ones don't show anything to worry about, not even a BBB, don't even give it a second thought. Like AZCEP said, "Unless you have some kind of bizarre family history of heart problems, I'd let this go. If it concerns you see your doctor."

The problem when you get to play with a toy like that, you look for something to be wrong. Unless you have a reason to hook up (symptomatic), don't bother, you're far too young to worry about stuff like that! Heck I'm over 40 and don't worry it. :wink:

Shut up, you're perfect.

:laughing6:

<sighs> Ya, I know, the problem with being perfect is that everyone gets sooooo jealous!

I guess I'll just have to live with it. <another sigh> #-o

:laughing6:

<sighs> Ya, I know, the problem with being perfect is that everyone gets sooooo jealous!

I guess I'll just have to live with it. <another sigh> #-o

Actually that wasn't directed at you, it was meant for Akroez.

But with a mug like yours I'd say you're pretty damn close to perfection yourself.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.