Watch what you post

fire911medic

Do you think people should be fired for posting information about their department or pics from scenes on the web?  

22 members have voted

1. 1.

• YES, they should have more sense than that
    • NO, leave 'em alone

Just goes to show you that we are in a SUE HAPPY world you can sneeze wrong and get sued......

So always be on the side of caution.........when in doubt DONT

TERRI LYNN

My lawyer will be calling on your lawyer in the morning. Don't tell me who I can sue, and who I can't sue!

That's what you get for sneezing!

Speak harshly to your little boy, and beat him when he sneezes

He only does it to annoy, because he knows it teases!

(Louis Carrol, from either Alice in Wonderland, or Alice Thru The Looking Glass)

YEP! Forewarning to all....this is also going on at a local squad in the county I work in. I must say, if I had lost a loved one on a tragic accident, or who called 911 for their 'emergency', and then found pictures of him displayed w/o consent for the mere amusement of others, I'd be quite frankly, pissed off!

NYC EMS, and after the merger of 03-17-96, the FDNY EMS, has a posted policy of no cameras, except for the photography unit personnel.

The stated reason(s) for the policy was, and is, HIPAA, patient privacy, and what are you doing taking pictures when you are supposed to be doing patient care?