Uk and Australia...same qualification?

jemmat

Bushy,

you know I believe you were hard done by & I would love to work alongside you. I know you have a HECS debt & I truly hope that you suceed in getting into the [s:69b947039c]circus[/s:69b947039c] service. But is this really the place ti dish a potential employer?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HA! Nice! I assure there is no lack of self esteem just a fair amount of bewilderment to australian jobs being given to foreigners

It's simple really....it's much easier and cheaper to recruit fully qualified and experienced staff (from abroad or otherwise) than to take on a relative "unknown". It's called building up a skilled workforce and is a wise move for any employer and good business practice. I am on a Paramedic course here in the UK at the moment after 3 years as an Advanced Technician. Once I get my ticket, I'll be looking to move over there where I'll skills match straight in at Advanced Paramedic (Queensland). Once there, they'll assess my extra skills over and above that of Advanced Paramedic (IO access, ET intubation, 12 lead ECG, needle cricothyroiotomy, needle thoracocentesis, Ext Jugular vein cannulation, thrombolysis etc).

If I wanted to transfer to Australia from the Uk where I am an IHCD certified EMT would I have to take any additional courses/exams etc? Does anyone know what the pay is like out there?

thanks.

Unfortunately, you'll find it very hard to to gain employment in Aus with just the EMT qualification. It is far easier to get yourself on the next Paramedic course in the UK then look to make the move. HPC registered Paramedics are already skills matched in Queensland.

Thanks 'theotherphil'... However its dead tricky getting on a para course within my trust. Theres only about 2 intakes a year and its a 'if your face fits' kind of thing instead of looking at your skills. But I shall perserve. Thanks again.

Thanks 'theotherphil'... However its dead tricky getting on a para course within my trust. Theres only about 2 intakes a year and its a 'if your face fits' kind of thing instead of looking at your skills. But I shall perserve. Thanks again.

I know exactly what you mean! I passed my entrance tests exactly a year ago. I have been planned on 4 courses in the meantime which have all been canceled. Now in week 2 of Para course so don't let 'em grind you down :lol:

Good luck, all good things come to those who wait apparently.

Bushy, what's going on?????? must be having a bad day or something. I don't know what your training covers but I heard it was St.John Ambulance basic stuff :? Do u have a medical policy site cause I am interested in your system. We have a New Zelander here and I know what Aussie's feel about them but he hasn't taken away any jobs. We have all spent the money/time to get educated and wouldn't have passed if we didn't know our @#!$.

So, Bushy lighten up..............put a shrimp on the barbie go shag your blue and come play in Nova Scotia. We are CASS acredited and #1 in North America for field medics.............sry vs-eh come on down. If you don't know it u are out on your ear so come across the pond and put your skills to use.

This is a good site to sit back and refresh the ol brain cells and make friends not bash fellow EMS brothers and sisters...see you around and be safe.

Bushy, what's going on?????? must be having a bad day or something. I don't know what your training covers but I heard it was St.John Ambulance basic stuff Confused

You heard wrong.....

• 4 weeks later...

Go for it Bushy mate!

I would most definitely say the same if the services over here began to recruit abroad for staff.

It will probably quite interesting when we start having Eastern Europeans coming to the UK to fill all the jobs (for half the pay)left by Brits going down under to take all of the jobs vacated by Australians going walkabout in Earls Court in London.

One great big game of international musical chairs![/font:9eb59f65d2]

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.