Uk and Australia...same qualification?

jemmat

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure mate, come downunder and help keep us degree carrying fee paying potential career paramedic borne and bred aussies on the unemployment lists because they gave our jobs we busted our asses to get qualified for to people from the UK and south africa :x :x

Hmmmm...

I should email them regarding Canadian education and employment possibilities...

Hmmmm...

Would I have to use phrases like "Blyme!" And such?

Hmmmm...

Bill Bryson has a lot of praise for Australia, and basically all of my friends who have been there said it was awesome. Plus taking a job from Bushy would increase overall awesomeness...

Hmmmm...

Bill Bryson has a lot of praise for Australia, and basically all of my friends who have been there said it was awesome. Plus taking a job from Bushy would increase overall awesomeness...

Hmmmm...

For an educated person you really have your head up you ass sometimes.

Id equate this to yourself going through all the expense and hassles of getting your educational requirements up to scratch, and when you finally get yourself in a position to get that job you spent 3 years studying for, they outsource recruitment to american medics and leave the canadian guys fighting for the leftovers.

Then again, maybe there is a certain amount of awesomeness in you not having a career in EMS?

Hi Jemmat,

In the back of AmbulanceUK New South Wales are advertising for UK paramedics this month. I also think Western Australia are recruiting too.

Queensland Ambulance Service representatives will be in London from March 16th - 30th, 2007. Although I believe they are looking for people who already have a visa application on the go. If you go to www.ambulance.qld.gov.au there is a link there to recruiting UK paramedics.

I hope this helps.

Jemmat

i work in NSW & we have had a few from the UK appl & get through here www.ambulance.nsw.gov.au . Having said thet, they look at the education you already have & compare it to what is learned here & in most cases will give you recognition of prior learning.

Wages vary depending on weather you are city or county (country is higher) & the station you are on, the roster you work etc.

Bushy, try not to be so bitter

Phil

Thanks all of you for your help, I appreciate it...

As for you bushy....one can only hope that your lack of self esteem due to non-aussie medics kicking your ass out there will some day be replenished...until then :wink:

HA! Nice! I assure there is no lack of self esteem just a fair amount of bewilderment to australian jobs being given to foreigners

Bushy, try not to be so bitter

Oh gimme a freaken break phil - here - have my HECS debt then tell me it doesn't piss you off, i guess its easy for you to jusdge, you were able to walk in off the street first time round

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.