Head Injury Video

iMac

I have been asked to come in and talk about head injuries to a horseback riding orgranization. How to prevent head injuries (wearing helmets etc) signs/symptoms of head injuries etc.

I have been trying to look online for a good or a few good videos I can show those kids. Most of them don't take the wearring of protective head gear seriously even tho a few of them have already been hospitalized because of them.

Any ideas as to how to get the point across? :?:

I bet, with a little bit of digging, you should be able to find footage of Christopher Reeves' riding accident. Since everyone knows about the result of that injury, it might help make an impact. Of course, he was wearing a helmet, so it might not be as effective to make the point you are trying to get across.

This might be a bit much but if you really want them to learn something, video tape a mock accident wear a rider falls off the horse then guide them through what to do then play it back and talk about it. We do this with the motocross flaggy’s and officials, works well.

At the riding club find someone who can fall off a horse safely. arrange for the local ambulance to respond to a mock riding accident. it would be a good test for them and the kids will see first hand at what paramedics do in those situations. make sure there is alot of screaming ect for effect. maybe use someone they don't know and never tell the kids it was fake. it will stay in their minds forever.

happiness

ps a helmet saved my life at 10 when my foot got stuck in the stirup and i was dragged for awhile. and yes my mother made me get right back on.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.