Flight Medic

vntramdc445

Hi all,

As getting into the EMS world, i am taking a liking to becoming a Flight Paramedic. I was just wondering if anyone on this site is or has been a flight medic in there EMS career; and if so what is it that I have to do to prepare myself? I live in Southern California, so if anyone is familiar with any flight companies out here that would be great also. Thanks guys and I look forward to the responses.

First welcome to the site.. You might to want to perform a search, there are many re---re----re--posts on this subject.

Basically, be a critical paramedic for at the least 5 year minimum with all the vowel courses. Very competitive job, everyone thinks they want to be one .. very, very few ever become one. It is a good idea to work in a urban area, (preferred not large metro or too rural) that is progressive.

Good luck !

R/r 911

AHHHHHHHHHHHH, not this again.... do a search we've beat this topic to death for gods sake.

I have one question for my senior posters:

If someone is not smart enough, or too lazy to google "flight paramedic", should they even bother to apply?????? Will they have the stamina to complete the years of training necessary and obtain the alphabet soup certifications to get the job?

will they be smart enough, commited enough, or motivated enough to get through ?????????? if they can't even do a basic computer search ?

Hmmm...... FOOD for thought... not knocking you just want you to think. )

PS good luck

My thoughts are my own and do not represent my agency or dept.

I had thought of this as well, but the reason I posted was hopefully, for the other 100 or so that would be asking the same question, would not post the question again or bother us on flightweb...

Just a thought, if one has to ask... "What does it take to be a Flight Medic/Nurse ?" etc.. Then it is obvious you do not have enough experience to be one..!

If someone is not smart enough, or too lazy to google "flight paramedic", should they even bother to apply?????? Will they have the stamina to complete the years of training necessary and obtain the alphabet soup certifications to get the job?

Did it ever occur that this person may have googled "flight paramedic" and it brought them here? Isn't this a site dedicated to all aspects of EMS?

If you were looking for information about car repair, wouldn't you go to a site that has mechanics so you can ask. This idea that people should not come to this site seeking advise and knowledge on how to get into this profession is ludicrous.

Even if the question has been asked before, guide them in the right direction. This is a huge site and sometimes people need help. Chewing them out and belittling them only makes you, and us look bad.