Just took the NREMT (compter based version)

Well this morning at 8am it was the moment of truth as I took the Registry for EMT-Bs. Basically, the test was all scenerio based with a few knowledge based questions sprinkled in there. Honestly, I dont know how I did. People say that I know the material, so hopefully I pulled through. A few were a bit tricky. It was tough deciding between bagging the pt or giving them O2....so i chose the answer that was bag with supplemental O2 :)

With the new testing it stops giving you questions when they feel that you have either met or not met the minimum competency level. The test only took me 1 hour and it stopped me at question 72. People say that whenever you take those kinds of tests it is better to have a little number questions than it is to have alot of questions. My buddy just took the reg. last week and he also got stopped at 72 questions and he passed!!! So, wish me luck guys...results will be out in two days!!

Thanks again everyone for all your help and knowledge.

Sounds like you did fine. I dont know about your guys scope but our BTLS says you bag a pt. when resps are above 24 and below 10.

We are suppose to get computer based testing soon...hahahaha, yeah right. When we finnally get it, I bet it will be on the Apple IIe or the Commador 64

Cheers

You probably did fine. I took the CAT on Wednesday and finished after 70 question in a little under 40 minutes. I got the results that I passed yesterday.

Listen to your classmates. I didn't and I was a little worried that I had failed when all my classmates were sure I did fine.

Those tests are geared to make you feel you failed when in reality you didn't. It's the same as the computer based testing for LPN's that my wife took a number of years ago.

I sometimes think that the National registry has decided to make this as stressful as they can so everyone gets driven crazy.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

il be taking the test in a few months, so far i have been doing good with my class room studies and hands on skills which i know that i am weak in but im going to do my best, almost have all my clinicle time finished, when i do the test i will let you all lknow what i think about it :shock:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.