Ambulance Bloopers

windsong

Sadly, this is how a good majority of the public perceives EMS no matter the quality of care we deliver. I did not find this amusing, and in fact, found it embarrassing. That is wasted space the internet shall never recover.

I can only hope that this was on some closed set for the filming, or a hidden camera gag show. I agree that there is a sizable segment of the general public thinks this is the norm, not the irregular or staged as some kind of joke.

Obviously we don't want the public to regard EMS in this light, but you have to admit, we have to have some humor somewhere in our profession or else we won't keep our sanity. I thought it was funny, and took it as the 'hidden camera' spoof it was presented as. Why try to make something funny into something serious when it was obviously meet to just be funny? Watch it again and if you don't laugh at least once then maybe you should consider a new profession.

I can only hope that this was on some closed set for the filming, or a hidden camera gag show. I agree that there is a sizable segment of the general public thinks this is the norm, not the irregular or staged as some kind of joke.

This is a hidden camera gag show. They always point out the cameras to the people directly involved. It's called "Juste Pour Rire", or "Just for Laughs." It is taped in French in Quebec and broadcasted in French and English. They have done a couple others with Paramedics. They have done quite a few with the Police, which some of them were very unprofessional.(ie. cross-dressing cops pulling people over, etc.) Hopefully they won't do any of the unprofessional ones with the Medics.

you know it never fails, every time someone posts a little joke on here there is at least one Person who has to criticize it. I found it hilarious! Who cares how the public perceives EMS. Besides, do you have proof that the public perceives EMS in the matter of it being one big joke? As long as you do your job and you do it right that is all that matters. You cant control all the other idiots out there that don't take their job seriously and who give it a bad image, just as long as you dont. It doesn't matter what career you get into, there is always going to be one person who is going to be the 'screw up' of the group and make things look bad, but that doesn't mean that the public perceives that profession as just one big joke. IF your that self conscious that a little spoof video like that is going to make the profession look bad then you have issues. Live a little, laugh a little & Lighten up!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.