Moving from the big city to little town... help!

jdpink62

Hey everyone, new guy here and I've got a question for you all.

To keep it simple I'm probably going to be moving to Midland, TX from Houston, TX because my wife just got accepted into the PA program at Texas Tech. She's also applied to UTMB in Galveston which isn't far from Houston and if she get's accepted it will be a non-issue. Anyway, I was looking at Careerbuilder, and hotjobs, and monster and I can't find a single posting for EMTs in the Midland area (or anywhere near there for that matter). It's my hope that they just don't post jobs on the net. My questions is two parts: 1. Anyone live in the Northern Texas area that could point me in the direction of some companies there? and, 2. Anyone have any other ideas on how I might be able to find those companies from Houston?

Yes I already tried the Job Search function in EMTCity. I must say this is an impressing website and it's cool that there is a forum here to network.

JD,

Here are three services that I found that operate in Midland County around Midland, TX. You have the company name, the administrator's name, the address and phone numbers. I also put in what kind of units they have and how many. I hope this helps you, best wishes in your move.

CRITICAL CARE TRANSPORT Admin. RODD HUBER

2200 W ILLINOIS MIDLAND TX 79701

Ph.(432)685-4949 Fax (432)685-6916

BLS/MICU - 3 units

MIDLAND FIRE DEPARTMENT Admin. CLIFFORD BALZER

PO BOX 1152 MIDLAND TX 79702

Ph. (915)685-7338 Fax (915)686-1638

MICU/RW/Air - 6 units

TEXAS WEST AMBULANCE Admin. MARVIN D WOOD

PO BOX 50542 MIDLAND TX 79710

Ph. (432)570-4892 Fax (915)520-2501

BLS/MICU - 2 units

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.