Full Moon havoc, Myth or Real?

Full Moon Havoc?  

34 members have voted

1. 1.

• For real volume and freakiness
    • for real volume only
    • for real freakiness
    • Myth, total bunk

I'm with the majority here. While I'll acknowledge Ridrider's mention of no scientific support to the theory, there are some things that just can't be explained by science.

This is one of them.

Depending on your point of view, full moons can be fun and exciting or a dreaded event. Either way, chances are it won't be dull.

I like the "pulling on my lithium" comment. I may have to try that sometime.

Be safe.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 psych transfers in three days, I am a believer.

been there.... and they all decide to be transported long distances to hospitals between 4 and 7 ....*10 hour shift ends at 7 a*

Working in the private sector...Around full moons we get alot everything the systems always at low levels.. hospitals overflowing.. more psyc transports.. not just average ones.. but like people trying to jump head first through bullet proofwindows at facilitys...

:twisted: :roll:

The variation in gravity due to the position of the moon is about one part in ten million. You can get the same effect by moving up about one foot in altitude. Sorry, but the unless all the crazies loose it when they go upstairs we need another explanation.

We have our worst accident days when the sun comes out and breaks our usually cloudy weather pattern. A lot of people around here just can't cope with the sun. Of course there are always Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday night. Unless it's CPR, that is the Wednesday night specialty here. ;-)

I don't know.

I worked for 20 years in the Security Industry, I have seen absolute bedlam and non stop boredom on full moons.

I do know a full moon can trigger women to go into labor.

My wifes OBGYN is an oild timey, old school doctor and for each of our kids he used a lunar chart to pinpoint the exact day of delivery and was right on the money except for one and that one was born during the most intense low pressure ever recorded off the east coast (blizzard of 96), he did call and tell us to be prepared because he knew she was due the next day and knew the low pressure system would trigger her labor.

I have joked about the moon theory for years but don't really be live it.

It does give us a good excuse to explain human behavior, good or bad.

I have at times either just before or just after the full moon notice that we do get the funny calls or weird stuff. It is not always just sometimes. So not for sure either way!

Mike

I've often heard people in various emergency professions claim a correlation between incident volume and/or weirdness during the full moon, and I was wondering what others thought of this

Its for real. I work in a facility for the mentally ill, and we have a set # of pts who are up, wandering, stealing, fighting, smoking, etc ALL THE TIME. Full moon comes, they're asleep in bed. The other ones are up running around then, and then there's the shifts in behaviors, delusions, hallucinations, etc. For a bunch of people who can't be in tune with when they gotta pee, they sure are in tune with full moons.

My theory is that during a full moon or close to it (at least here in the desert) one can see at night almost like its a severely overcast day. Therefore a lot more people....usually the crazies or the stupid boys on toys are out at night. We get a lot more drunk accidents on bikes, dune buggies etc. and more psych PT's wandering the streets on a full moon. That's my two cents...

~Ambo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.