I hope im not being redundant...

Hi

I am about to take my national registry. Are there any topics i should study more than others? And does anybody have any study tips? Im very confident in my ablilites but for some reason when i take practice, i always get easy questions wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I suggest taking lots of practice tests like you've been doing, and to look at those tests to find which areas you are weaker in. Then study those weak areas (but don't forget about the others entirely), until you feel more comfortable. The new CBT national registry analyzes which questions and subjects you miss, and may give you more questions from that subject area. It's probably a bit more complicated than that, but that's how i studied for it.

In general however, no one can really tell you the right or wrong way to study. Do whatever you feel is most comfortable and has worked for you in the past. Just make sure you understand the material and that it sticks to you. But I always find getting a good sleep and plenty of breakfast always helps.

Know your signs and symptoms backwards and forwards especially with OB/GYN mine was heavy on that....Study alot, and the night before, get a good nights rest and do not cram! Read your check off sheets, be prepared to answer why you are doing what you are doing on your practical part, verbalizes everything, you cannot speak to much! Take a deep breath before you start and once you see the 1st question you will relax a little, I know I did. Remember if one of the answers is scene safety then it is a;ways right, then high flow 02 and rapid transport as well. Good luck and let us know how you do, I am sure you will do great!

Jenn

You're not being redundant so much as you are being unclear.

National Registry for which level? That makes all the difference in the answer.

If it's EMT-B, then well over ninety-percent of the questions are simple ABC questions. It may be disguised as a trauma question or a diabetic question or something else, but when it comes right down to it, the question is asking you to cover the ABCs, in that order. Think ABC on each and every question, no matter what the scenario, and you will do well.

How to study for ABCs? There is no studying for that. If you don't know it by now, it's too late.

Good luck!

You should study the material you were given in class.

No one, anywhere, will be able to give you any guidance on what you will see on the test. You might have an abundance of medical emergency scenario questions, or you might have more OB/Gyn. No two tests will be the same. If you are using the CBT/CAT format that has recently begun, there will be even more variation.

Good luck.

Medic 445...honestly, after reading your post one can conclude that you are lost within the world of EMS. If you have to ask what to study that simply means that you were not listening in class when your EMT instructor clearly pointed out what to study. With that being said, do not cram for your test and focus on your ABCs, assesments, and EMT drugs. You will do fine young grasshopper.

Yours in partnership,

Medic 441 :)

Dude bro seriously, if you think you SAW a siren....then you seriously need all the luck you can get for the registry :twisted:

Dude bro seriously, if you think you SAW a siren....then you seriously need all the luck you can get for the registry :twisted:

Uh oh, I hear colors and see sounds!! lol just kidding, man that was a bad call that night *ahem* anyways back on topic, best advice i can give that everyone else has given is ABC's, it gets you through every question :)

Man, I haven't seen sirens or heard strobe lights since the 70's! Do they still look and sound the same?

Haha! Ever see the Chuck Norris movie, Lone Wolf McQuade?

The siren sound they used for his Ramcharger was actually just the sound of a whelen strobe power pack discharging and recharging over and over. So, in that case, you really could hear the strobes! :lol:

On a similar note, I found a brand new siren and speaker for my Tahoe at the motor pool the other day. Yeah, the camp is only one mile wide by a quarter mile high, but I'm sure I can find some use for it. Maybe park outside the female showers and yell "INCOMING! INCOMING!" over the PA and watch the parade. :twisted:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.