New job

Sorry brace yourself, because I am going to pick on you for a moment.

I have answered this question several times in the past and not only on this site. I have seen it on several sites.

I have a simple question followed by a rant.

Why do you feel it is easier to log in and ask this question of random people who have absolutely nothing to do with your hiring process instead of calling your prospective new employer and asking them yourself?

Rant: I get so fustrated as I see this growing trend in our society and it is very irritating. No one picks up the phone anymore and does the leg work for themselves. If it were me and I were unsure of what they meant by a offer of employment, I would call HR not only to confirm what I didnt know but to also have an opportunity to speak with my new employer..even if it is only an HR person. This conversation may also enable you to come up with several more questions, PLUS you will also get the answers at that time as well.

I have seen it on several sites, people asking what does this mean or what is the next step in the hriing process.

When I apply for a job, I do my homework. I call the HR office, Operations, whoever I can get to talk to me. I even stop by in person which I believe shows tremedous effort on one's behalf. I ask all my questions and I know what I am getting into before I ever sign on. Employers appreciate this. It shows you are careful of who you work for and not just desperate for a job. It also shows you have intiative and are willing to work hard to invest in yourself and your career. This kind of research shows the employer you may be a good employee as well.

Why are people becoming so damn lazy these days and why do they think someone else should do all the work for them?

Rant over: Hope you dont take all of this too personally, most of it was in general...but you did ask the question which stoked my fire. Sorry if you got burned.

Sorry brace yourself, because I am going to pick on you for a moment.

I have answered this question several times in the past and not only on this site. I have seen it on several sites.

I have a simple question followed by a rant.

Why do you feel it is easier to log in and ask this question of random people who have absolutely nothing to do with your hiring process instead of calling your prospective new employer and asking them yourself?

Rant: I get so fustrated as I see this growing trend in our society and it is very irritating. No one picks up the phone anymore and does the leg work for themselves. If it were me and I were unsure of what they meant by a offer of employment, I would call HR not only to confirm what I didnt know but to also have an opportunity to speak with my new employer..even if it is only an HR person. This conversation may also enable you to come up with several more questions, PLUS you will also get the answers at that time as well.

I have seen it on several sites, people asking what does this mean or what is the next step in the hriing process.

When I apply for a job, I do my homework. I call the HR office, Operations, whoever I can get to talk to me. I even stop by in person which I believe shows tremedous effort on one's behalf. I ask all my questions and I know what I am getting into before I ever sign on. Employers appreciate this. It shows you are careful of who you work for and not just desperate for a job. It also shows you have intiative and are willing to work hard to invest in yourself and your career. This kind of research shows the employer you may be a good employee as well.

Why are people becoming so damn lazy these days and why do they think someone else should do all the work for them?

Rant over: Hope you dont take all of this too personally, most of it was in general...but you did ask the question which stoked my fire. Sorry if you got burned.

I have and they could not answer my questions. Aparently this is a new way of hiring for A.M.R. and I guess I am their guennie pig!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.