Your Uniform

Timmy

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather look like a girl than look like a cop, fireman, security guard, prison escapee, or gas station attendant. :wink:

Navy blue may look "professional," but unfortunately, it is the wrong profession.

Im surprised you didn't have fire monkey in there mate :D

And who refuses to wear thongs? thongs are a great piece of footware! :?

Patches plenty of buffy patches,,, at least 5 on each sleeve, with rockers going down the side... a few front and back too ..... LOL.

No seriously the only thing i maight change is the helmets HGU 56 narrower field of view then the old ones .. also maybe add some reflective stripes to either our dark blue helmet or dark blue flight suits. Good tactically not so good visibility wise at night on a highway .

Other than that our uniforms are pretty cool...

Also when FDNY took over EMS, they changed the uniformed for the better took away white shirts and went with dark blue... a lot more practical

My problem with the dark blue uniforms of the FDNY is that it hides droplets of blood. They then went and changed some of the equipment bags to red in color.

How are you going to know that you have had even a minor blood contamination of your stuff, if the very color of the stuff hides it, with red on red?

I have seen some uniforms that have lime green plolos. I like the color, however, I think if you work in a city (I live in southern Ohio AKA no man's land) lime green may act as a big target. Speaking of city EMT's and medic's.....my hots off to you for being able to work under such stress. My ADD kicked in again....sorry. I'm going to stop talking now lol :D

We wear enamel green cargo pants withe refelctive striping, green t's or polo and a enamel/yellow jacket of fluoriscent yellow fleece sweater...during the summer somme of us wear overalls so can you sit in Tshirt and shorts till a call commes in.

I have seen some uniforms that have lime green plolos. I like the color, however, I think if you work in a city (I live in southern Ohio AKA no man's land) lime green may act as a big target. Speaking of city EMT's and medic's.....my hots off to you for being able to work under such stress. My ADD kicked in again....sorry. I'm going to stop talking now lol :D

Thanks for the compliment towards city providers. But the stresses of the job are the same. I work in both a city setting and outside of th city. The job is essentially the same with all the same stresses. The biggest change is the call volume. For the most part, the people who are using the 911 system are the same regardless of where they're located. It's just statistics as far as the nature of calls and call volumes go (there are exceptions to this rule). In my opinion, the biggest difference between the two environments is purely call volume.

Shane

NREMT-P

The old uniform of the New York City (Health and Hospitals Corporation) EMS was Forest Green pants, clip on tie, and jacket, with a white shirt. Winter alternate uniform was a black turtleneck under the white uniform shirt. Topping the ensemble was a forest green baseball cap with the NYC EMS patch on the front. Left shoulder patch was the NYC EMS orange "half moon" , and the right was either a specific NYS EMT patch, or a specific NYC EMS Paramedic patch. The badge was worn on the outermost garment, with the nametag underneath.

For "Dress Uniform", add a forest green "8 point" Garrison Cap with a NYC emblematic pin.

Now post merger, the work uniform is Navy blue pants, jacket, shirt, and baseball hat, the patches are the FDNY, a NYS EMT patch with FDNY rocker at the top, or FDNY EMS paramedic patch, with a large FDNY patch on the back (white letters on navy background), with either an EMT or Paramedic patch on the back (also white letters on navy background) . Lieutenants wear a light blue shirt with no patches on the back.

Dress uniform is Navy blue pants, a type single breasted jacket somehow called a "blouse" (I have no idea of the origin of that terminology), a light blue shirt for EMTs and Paramedics, and a navy blue "Bell Cap" with a "Star of Life" cap device attached to the front. Lieutenants and above wear a white shirt, a double breasted blouse, and the band on the bell cap is silver or gold. Captains and above always wear white shirts, and chiefs wear white bell caps with gold bands and scrambled eggs on the brim.

(We had to fight to have FDNY allow our EMS chiefs to wear the white bell caps, they wanted to keep the EMS chiefs in blue caps with the other bricabrac on them)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.