Your Uniform

Timmy

We have pretty good gear, especially considering we are a volunteer department. We have pants and jackets made by Globe, the pants are pulled on over whatever you are wearing.. We wear a department t-shirt with them. Then biggest change I would make is to make the side pockets more like standard EMT pants with the snaps and extra glove compartment. I would also like to have regular pockets like a pear on jeans. I hate stopping on the way back from a call and putting my hands inside my running gear to get my wallet or money out of my jeans. I think polo style shirts would be nice too, in addition to the t-shirts.

Sarge

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very happy withour uniform in EMS. you wear blue or black pants and we have a maroon polo shirt. We can also wear any of our t-shirts that say something about our ambulance service.

As for fire

I would like to go with what we have in ems. For fire we wear blue pants and a grey buttonup shirt (its not comfy).

You know, I think OSHA might have something to say about responding to another call without being properly BBPed and such...

Uhhh... yeah, seriously dude. That's just gross, as well as grossly unprofessional. Only somebody who has never taken microbiology would even think of that. You just made the best possible argument FOR white shirts.

Uniforms are like diapers. You WANT to know when they are dirty. You don't just wallow in it and hope nobody notices.

In our derpartment, we wear black pants with large pockets. Either a black polo, blue pullover, or a blue T-shirt (usually not on Amb. calls). Oh and occassionally the ever fashionable and comfortable bunker gear. I really don't care what color my cloths are as long as they are comfortable and have lots of storage.

I would take them away...completely!!

Long live nudity!!

It would be a great ice breaker, nice way to get people to open up, if you will.

And in my case it would even generate laughter and we all know, "laughter is the best medicine."

LMBO...that is hilarious! a good ice breaker?! ha ha ha ha ha :sign11:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.