Interview for EMT-B

Marcela 07

Hi, I have an interview for an EMT-B position next month and I'm quite nervous about it. :shock: Can somebody please give me some tips what to focus on, what are they (interviewing with AMR in CA) going to focus on, how to approach the interviewer etc.

I have heard that one has to dress nicely..is business suit too much or is that ok? :?:

I really want this job, so I would appreciate any help.

Thanks Marcela :wink:

Hopefully, with all the southern Californians here at The City, somebody will have some specific info for you regarding this particular employer.

But I ask you, do you "really want this job" enough to use the search function here and find the previous topics with advice on job interviews? :wink:

You will find that quite helpful!

i took an interview at amr in nyc not to long ago, in short the interview/hiring process was as follows, application, paperwork(emt card, drivers lisence SS card, drivers abstract, resumee ), 100 question multiple choice test, drug screening, scenerio's 1 medical pt assesment 1 trauma pt assesment, then they sat me down did a short job interview, why did you leave your last jobs, ems expirience. then we discussed pay, hours, orientation. and that was it.

ny to cali might be much different, but thats what it is here and is very similar for most jobs, including the job i have now with TranScare.

if you have any other questions contact me via private message.

good luck !

I applied for A.M.R. In Nothern California. Livermore no longer has an H.R. department it has been assigned to the counties they provide service in. I first made sure my paperwork was full proof everything was copied clean and all certifications were up to date. Took the written test at Livermore the last one they give I hear they do it at the county now. After my test they called me in for an interview. About three weeks later I got an offer of employment from Alameda County and schdeuled a Physical agility test. I have not done a skills test yet. My orentation starts February 20th! Hope this helps.