What freqs do you use?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We use a trunked 800Mhz system. Its not too bad, but the radios weigh a ton, and we can no longer get pages through them, as we did with our older VHF radios, we must rely on our Minitor pagers...blech!

Ambulance uses high VHF (150-160Mhz) repeaters and simplex, and UHF repeaters.

SAR & Dive rescue use high VHF repeaters and simplex.

Primary SAR tac: MRA1 MRA2

Primary Dive tac: Marine 16 & Marine 68

All untrunked analog.

They are putting in digital trunked 800. Everyone hates this plan. This is the stupidest idea ever for the mountains where 800 range sucks, hates terrain, and we don't have the traffic to need digital trunking. Not to mention the cost...

Ladies and gentlemen, may I infer that, due to reasons of security, that we not publish any frequencies we use, on this forum? Let Mr. ben Ladin people get them in another way.

I also made this request in the old board.

A thought just occurred to me: Someone who becomes familiar with your agency protocols, might set up a frequency triggered "secondary device" that your radio transmissions could activate, at the so called "safe" staging areas of an attack MCI.

Ladies and gentlemen, may I infer that, due to reasons of security, that we not publish any frequencies we use, on this forum? Let Mr. ben Ladin people get them in another way.

A thought just occurred to me: Someone who becomes familiar with your agency protocols, might set up a frequency sensitive "secondary device" that your radio transmissions could activate, at the so called "safe" staging areas of an attack MCI.

I'm afraid I'm all out of tinfoil, can't make a hat. Sorry.

I direct you to exhibit A:

http://sd.ic.gc.ca/engdoc/main.jsp

You will find a link to the Canadian gov'ts database of frequencies.

Exhibit B:

http://www.radioreference.com

In the RR Database section I can find out frequencies from all over Nort America. All it takes is a free registration.

I just randomly picked a location. Florida, Sarasota county. Several towers listed but I'll give you an example:

866.6375 866.8625 867.1125 867.4125 867.6625 867.7625 868.2625* 868.2875* 868.5125* 868.7625*

Here are some fire talk group IDs:

24976 FD Dispatch A1 (Station 1 – Station 8)

25008 FD Dispatch A2 (Station 11- Station 14)

25040 FD Dispatch A3 (Station 31 – Station 38)

I don't think us discussing it on here will make any difference

Apart from the FCC and other databases, your local freqs are pobably on the local scanner club's website as well.

I know when I'm travelling abroad and I'll be there for a bit I stop in at the local Radio Shack, they usually have a list of local freqs.

A thought just occurred to me: Someone who becomes familiar with your agency protocols, might set up a frequency triggered "secondary device" that your radio transmissions could activate, at the so called "safe" staging areas of an attack MCI.

I wasn't asking for specific freqs. I was just asking the range ie. UHF, VHF, etc..

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.