What freqs do you use?

I wasn't asking for specific freqs. I was just asking the range ie. UHF, VHF, etc..

Oh.

We run the whole spectrum in New York City, HF, VHF, UHF, UHF-T, Microwave. Just depends on which agency, and some of them are on several.

As for actual frequencies, I usually share, but usually when that individual is personally known to me, like someone working with me.

Yes, I know of several on-line listings, and have several frequency books, updated at both regular and irregular intervals, so little old me isn't going to stop anyone with getting them for Osama, just, they ain't getting it from me, if I can help it.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VHF Hi band for ems, UHF for Fire. I find in this area VHF is the way to go one VHF repeater will cover an area that uhf needs at least three or four.

Only down fall is communications on VHf from inside concrete building to outside are poor. If anyone has any suggestions on how to resolve that let me please let me know. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Ladies and gentlemen, may I infer that, due to reasons of security, that we not publish any frequencies we use, on this forum? Let Mr. ben Ladin people get them in another way.

I also made this request in the old board.

A thought just occurred to me: Someone who becomes familiar with your agency protocols, might set up a frequency triggered "secondary device" that your radio transmissions could activate, at the so called "safe" staging areas of an attack MCI.

Radio Frequencies are Public Information.....you can go to Radioshack and buy POLICE CALL, which lists all the frequencies licenced in your region, and even lists trunking codes. This (the freqs being public info) is why we cannot say pt. names over the radio. The POLICE CALL also comes with a nation wide CD listing all licensed agencies and their Frequencies. You can also go to www.cityfreq.com to get information on frequencies.

• 2 weeks later...

Radio Frequencies are Public Information.....you can go to Radioshack and buy POLICE CALL, which lists all the frequencies licenced in your region, and even lists trunking codes. This (the freqs being public info) is why we cannot say pt. names over the radio. The POLICE CALL also comes with a nation wide CD listing all licensed agencies and their Frequencies. You can also go to www.cityfreq.com to get information on frequencies.

And I prefer to go right to the source by checking the FCC online database at http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/genmen/index.hts . I also moderate a regional scanner list in Yahoo Groups at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scanbatonrouge/ .

I'm not worried about Bin Laden or those jerks. It's that Guard that fell asleep on the job last week and got fired who shows up at my guard shack ready to kill someone because I'm now working his old shifts. Or the guy who wrecked one of the trucks the company uses inside the plant and now he's out of a job and can't get unemployment because his drug test, THE ONE I WAS REQUIRED TO DO IN THE COMPANY MEDICAL CLINIC, was hot for illegal drugs. So I'm the target of his rage because I'm the medic who gave him the cup to pee in and then put the strip of paper in the pee. My Security partner is on patrol behind the Mississippi River Levee at the dock and I'm in the Guard Shack being strangled with my own stethoscope. :shock: Bin Laden is wwwwaaaaayyyyyy down my list of worries.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

In Camden County, NJ we use VHF with a repeater system for Fire and EMS, with separate frequencies for dispatching and operations. Police are on UHF frequencies split up into 4 different frequencies. VHF and UHF is the way to go, as 800 MHz in this area is impossible to get and would be way to expensive to change over.

470 and 453 UHF (regular non trunked) use to use 33 and 155 till about a year ago.. here in western pa... the pagers work better, not to mention the additional range of portables using repeaters, and the interoperability of everyone with only one radio makes things easier.

eurolance wrote: "I think you mean 460Mhz not 420Mhz which is amateur radio."

420-430 allocated is secondary non interfering basis, for amateur radio in the area 50 miles around Chininati OH, Erie, PA, Buffalo, NY. Used by Public Safety and Business Band users.

(I can't find my repeater directory to see if there is more cities, but I remember those three, and I do have an amateur radio license, call sign of N3ZRA)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.