Exchange Programs...just a myth?

jemmat

Hi there.

Can anyone tell me whether there is a particular way in which to go about exchanging with another EMT in a different country? Ideally looking to work somewhere in the field but am unsure whether this is actually possible. Other than that, no real objections to working anywhere so if someone knows something out there, let me know.

Thanks!

It is a sad but true fact that I am indeed British, born and bred. Im currently working in the South East where life is dull! Anyways, we cant all have fabulously exciting jobs in far away places.... but I want one! Today I can tell you that the sky is grey, the wind is cold and I cant stop sneezing (nor complaining!). So if I have passed the test what do you know?? :wink:

Anyways, we cant all have fabulously exciting jobs in far away places.... but I want one!

Well, if you are interested in trying, let me know. The top guy who approves hiring of civilian medics out here is British, so you are already ahead of the game. This is the ultimate "exchange" programme. :|

Sorry to hijack. Carry on.

Dustdevil... interested indeed. Tell me more about what exactly you're doing etc, what it involves etc....

He's in Iraq at a military posting :|

If you're interested in seeing Canadian (Ontario) EMS let me know. Our service allows "ride outs" and I would love to see a non-north american perspective on things

Jemat: Im not familiar with some of your terms. What is IHCD? and What level of training do you have i.e Paramedic, emt, or what ever the title is you carry. We have had other medics riding with us form Germany and Ireland. PM me with your details.

Somedic

The top guy who approves hiring of civilian medics out here is British, so you are already ahead of the game.

Dust, what do you mean about civilian medics? Are these KBR type guys hired as civilian contractors to provide services to the military or an NGO which operates near by? I know at one point Blackwater was hiring EMTs/Medics but I doubt that is what you are referring to.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.