FDNY EMS

jb811297

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT???... 3rd Watch most accurate ???... the Firefighters in NYC don't want the EMS personnel in the Firehouses,, 99% of the stations are not co-located with FDNY Engine or Truck Companies ..... so I dont know what system you worked in but 3rd watch is not a very accurate depiction of FDNY EMS... as for him working and going to college.. good luck with the mandatory overtime ,,, if you are going to a college like John Jay that offers Day/Evening classes so if you miss the day class you can catch the same class later in the day ,, you might have a shot... as for most EMT's and Medics going to school ... I dunno if that is true.. I just visited NYC last week and was visiting many of my former colleagues at FDNY-EMS (formerly NYC-EMS) and there are a lot of young kids there going to college,, but there are a lot of people who aren't going to college also ...

What ever happens try to find a shift that works for you and volunteer for KVO (Known Vacancy Overtime) to prevent from getting mandated when you have important classes ...

Good Luck

Former.

Actually there are two Combination Houses that I know of...One in Brooklyn and the other in Staten Island.

No they did not.

Ohh really ??????? I dunno where you get your info. from but the combination houses are a subject of great debate in both FF and EMS circles. The FF's do not want their houses invaded by "civilians".

And yes they have or did in the past put up walls to keep the EMS personnel out of "their side" of the house.

I dunno where you get your information from but I used to work there and speak to many friends who still are there and they say that the combo houses are "stressful and tense" to use some of the less graphic words that ive heard to describe the situation.

My thoughts are my own and do not represent my ageny or dept.

Former

Ohh really ??????? I dunno where you get your info. from but the combination houses are a subject of great debate in both FF and EMS circles. The FF's do not want their houses invaded by "civilians".

And yes they have or did in the past put up walls to keep the EMS personnel out of "their side" of the house.

WOW!

Is this the calibre of people you guys attract into emergency services in the US? Potentially the most childish act i've ever heard of "professionals" perpetrating. I wonder if some of your beloved FF's would rather spend their time stroking their own ego's than actually serving the public alongside other personnel including EMS for the common good, rather than their own hero status :roll:

perhaps a little more about those favourite fire fighter pastimes of polishing their helmets and poles ... what does that make them yes... you guessed

Is that not you're area of special interest Zippy? Polishing Firefighter's Helmets & poles? :twisted: :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.