World Juniors Hockey

ffmedic9588

Who do you think will win the gold?  

8 members have voted

1. 1.

• Canada
    • Russia

Hey sorry I know this is a non ems issue but hey so is this section so here goes, What a game yesterday we were very lucky to win that game as the USA outplayed us most of the game if not the entire game. Now tomorrow is a big day for us Canadians and the Russians have a good team and will be a very tough test. I am pulling for the USA in the bronze medal game good luck to both the US and Canadian teams. Now 2 neighbouring countries who claim to be allies and great friends played yesterday and it ended up going to the 7th round of a shootout to determine a winner that tells me that the US knows us better than we think they do and we should not take them so lightly on the ice, Hockey is our game but we can loose anyday,anytime, anywhere because the competition is improving and getting to know us better. To me yesterday there were 2 winners as you cannot deny the Americans deserved to win with their play and anyone who watched could not have predicted the outcome in the shootout. 7 rounds of shooters that is crazy.

personally, I hate shootouts.... its no way to decide a game of hockey... its just like flipping a coin, but oh well it has to be done somehow.

And why is there a question as to who will win??

You've got to have faith in the Canadians! :P

...i wish them luck....

I love hockey but only really follow the NHL. By default, though, I'll go with Canada as it's the land of my birth.

personally, I hate shootouts.... its no way to decide a game of hockey... its just like flipping a coin, but oh well it has to be done somehow.

I couldn't disagree with you more! I love shootouts, I think they're incredibly exciting, showcase great talent, and are a great way to excite new fans. I also love period after period of sudden death OT, but purism will be the death of the NHL and a few other North American leagues if they don't adapt to attract new fans and viewership. Besides, as far as the NHL goes, both teams have 65 minutes to settle the game properly. :wink:

It was TENSE!

I've seen us lose too often in shootouts to say that I truly enjoy them, but they certainly are excellent at finishing a game with everyone on the edge of their seats. The Americans played an incredible game, and I would have preferred to see that game in the final.

One question after that game, aimed especially at Phil and Oz, and their compatriots - any OT or shootouts in cricket?

Go Canada! (and US in Bronze medal game)

MedicNorth"]One question after that game, aimed especially at Phil and Oz, and their compatriots - any OT or shootouts in cricket?

:shock: "Shootouts" :shock:

Only if the Ozzies loose North. :P

Wow where did was that Canadian team the other day against the USA. Not that the US was weak but you could not compare the Canadian team that played today and the Canadian team that played in the semi's no comparison. Way to go Canada and congrats to the USA for their strong play and effort in the bronze medal game. North America did very well with 2 out of the top 3 medals also the USA had 2 players named allstars with along with Canada. :P Way to go again and everyone that voted was bang on.

Way to go, Canada and USA.

Now it is time to creat a sport that the Ozzies and Canucks can compete head to head at (other than per capita beer consumption)- maybe we could call it Hocket or Crickey! We could play it on ice over three weeks, with breaks for tea and vegemite, and the world's beer markets would never recover!