9/11 Death Sentence?

Should Zacharias Mousaoui get the death penalty for his role in the 9/11 Attacks?  

26 members have voted

1. 1.

• I'm opposed to the death penalty in all cases.
    • Let him rot in jail
    • Yes, hang him high!

On second thought, if I could change my vote, I'd go with life imprisonment. We kill the bastard, he ends up being a martyred rallying point for those who would kill us merely for NOT being one of THEM (insert name of group).

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having had a fiance murdered 10 yrs ago, the scumbag that killed her was found a few weeks later. He got life in prison, at our expense. I wanted him fried, but the death penalty was out of the question.

As for Mousaoui, take him out to a field, tie him to a post, and give each surviving family member of 9/11 a nice big rock.

I am of the belief that if you kill someone, it should be an eye for eye. You get one appeal, it that fails, you should die the way your victim died.

Having had a fiance murdered 10 yrs ago, the scumbag that killed her was found a few weeks later. He got life in prison, at our expense. I wanted him fried, but the death penalty was out of the question.

As for Mousaoui, take him out to a field, tie him to a post, and give each surviving family member of 9/11 a nice big rock.

I am of the belief that if you kill someone, it should be an eye for eye. You get one appeal, it that fails, you should die the way your victim died.

Look at your signature, that is my problem with the death penalty, it is simply too easy. I would gladly pay to keep Someone in an environment of predators, to grow old and weak, learn what it means to be victimized as opposed to the ease of execution. One more thing, to make sure that the killer died the way their victim did would require an agent to make it happen. Do you really want to live in society with a guy like that? For instance, a young woman in the state where I live was anally raped with a fencepost and strangled. Can you imagine the sick F**K that it would take to do that to another person, and for money at that. Now imagine that this guy has a regular nine to five doing this and then goes home to his wife and kids, next door to you. Scary!

I dont think that 9/11 was good, I dont like those who did it, but I do have respect for them. From the perspective of a warrior, they made the ultimate sacrifice in a fight against an aggressor that they cannot defeat in conventional ways. The utilized tools that were available to the best of their abilities, and to their advantage.

As a US citizent these people are my enemies. But they did not do this because they were bored, or because they just wanted to stir the pot. They took these actions out of a conviction to their beliefs that few americans possess.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You "respect" people who kill innocent men, women & children civilians who are not soldiers nor at war on the battlefield? I'm sorry but this is the most assinine statement I have ever read regardless of you being a US citizen or not. You want to respect a warrior? Try respecting one of our soldiers who in many cases fell on a grenade or took a bullet knowing full well they were sacrificing their own life to protect your 1st amemndment right to post your opinion on the internet...all the while engaging an armed enemy, not a civilan. Few americans possess these convictions? I certainly hope not as there terrorist convictions. The USA may not be perfect but when did we ever harm civilians on their own soil not during war time........as a terrorist act?!

You may want to respect the creativity of an army or persons who perhaps display the whole David vs. Goliath thing but to verbalize respect for actions and convictions of terrorists is beyond disgusting.

I was living and working in NYC that day and still do. Perhaps if you witnessed 9/11 with your own eyes up close and personal you might not be so impressed. You have a right to think and post what you want as I do so we'll chalk it up to a great topic that will stir some good emotion and response. I prefer to support and be impressed with the convictions of our own troops and not the actions of terrorists but true soldiers who know the real meaning of honor and sacrifice.

Richard B and Kilted make a good point. This guy, and the others who planned and participated in the attacks want(ed) to die. Part of their goal was to kill the "infidel americans" and become martyrs in eyes of allah and their fellow muslims. If we kill him, we simply play into their sick, twisted interpretation of Islam. Why not let him die a natural death at some old age? He would die, in his eyes and the eyes of his co-conspirators, dishonored and as a failure.

No, don't kill him. Throw him in jail. Tell the general population who he is and why he's there. And then let it slip that he molests little children. If there's anyone cons hate it's child molesters.

Just MHO.

Be safe.

Try respecting one of our soldiers who in many cases fell on a grenade or took a bullet knowing full well they were sacrificing their own life to protect your 1st amemndment right to post your opinion on the internet...all the while engaging an armed enemy, not a civilan.

Umm, as a former combat medic and witness to a few of the sacrifices you describe I gotta call B.S. most of these sacrifices were for the soldier next to them, or just rotten fu**ing luck. Also never saw anyone "die for their country" they died screaming, raging, and fighting for life.

Tell this guy it's BS.

MARINE 1STSGT NOMINATED FOR THE MEDAL OF HONOR!

(Unconfirmed about nomination)

Marine 1st Sergeant Brad Kasal (in the middle). This photo is from the most recent major offensive in Fallujah. 1stSgt Kasal sacrificed his own safety to save a room full of fellow Marines. He ended up taking several AK rounds in the leg. Most of his lower leg was blown away but you can't tell it from this pic. He took rounds in the back which his armor saved

him from. He took one round through his butt which passed through both cheeks leaving 4 holes in him. And he also took the brunt of a grenade

blast. He jumped on top of a younger Marine to cover him from the fire. He killed the enemy who did most of the damage to him and his men, and despite a massive loss of blood he never stopped fighting. Notice that he's still holding his pistol. He has been put in for the

Medal of Honor for his actions on that day. He already has several Purple Hearts for previous battles throughout his career and he has turned some down so that he could stay with his unit.

Umm, as a former combat medic and witness to a few of the sacrifices you describe I gotta call B.S. most of these sacrifices were for the soldier next to them, or just rotten fu**ing luck. Also never saw anyone "die for their country" they died screaming, raging, and fighting for life.

The USA may not be perfect but when did we ever harm civilians on their own soil not during war time........as a terrorist act?!

Really? Perhaps not directly, but through such entities as the school of the americas the Uncle Sam's hands are dripping with blood. Every dictator in south and central america learned their skills at Fort Benning GA. a place dubbed as Torture U by the soldiers who run it.

You have only proved my point, I said not a one of those soldiers died with only my first amendment rights in mind, they did it for the soldier next to them, or it was just rotten luck that they were in the line of fire. This guy did it for his brothers in arms, and he deserves to be commended for it. I am not saying that there is no honor or sense of duty I am saying that that sense of duty is to the guy on any soldiers immediate left or right. That was apparently this soldiers outlook on things, not my first amendment rights.

Tell this guy it's BS.

MARINE 1STSGT NOMINATED FOR THE MEDAL OF HONOR!

(Unconfirmed about nomination)

Marine 1st Sergeant Brad Kasal (in the middle). This photo is from the most recent major offensive in Fallujah. 1stSgt Kasal sacrificed his own safety to save a room full of fellow Marines. He ended up taking several AK rounds in the leg. Most of his lower leg was blown away but you can't tell it from this pic. He took rounds in the back which his armor saved

him from. He took one round through his butt which passed through both cheeks leaving 4 holes in him. And he also took the brunt of a grenade

blast. He jumped on top of a younger Marine to cover him from the fire. He killed the enemy who did most of the damage to him and his men, and despite a massive loss of blood he never stopped fighting. Notice that he's still holding his pistol. He has been put in for the

Medal of Honor for his actions on that day. He already has several Purple Hearts for previous battles throughout his career and he has turned some down so that he could stay with his unit.

Really? Perhaps not directly, but through such entities as the school of the americas the Uncle Sam's hands are dripping with blood. Every dictator in south and central america learned their skills at Fort Benning GA. a place dubbed as Torture U by the soldiers who run it.

No, don't kill him. Throw him in jail. Tell the general population who he is and why he's there. And then let it slip that he molests little children. If there's anyone cons hate it's child molesters.

Just IMHO.

Be safe.

If he goes into the correctional system, you can bet he'll be more isolated than John Gotti was, as per my previous statement about Prison Gangs cooperating, and going after him.

Did anyone ever see that old B&W movie, "M"? Starred Peter Lorre, filmed in his native Germany, in the German language, sometime between the world wars. In it, the German gangs catch Lorre's child murderer character, put him on trial, and sentence him to death. Before sentence can be implemented, the LEOs bust the gang kangaroo court, and try him in a real court. The "civilized" court sentences him to life imprisonment.

The question implied is, which group made the correct decision?

You "respect" people who kill innocent men, women & children civilians who are not soldiers nor at war on the battlefield? I'm sorry but this is the most assinine statement I have ever read regardless of you being a US citizen or not. You want to respect a warrior? Try respecting one of our soldiers who in many cases fell on a grenade or took a bullet knowing full well they were sacrificing their own life to protect your 1st amemndment right to post your opinion on the internet...all the while engaging an armed enemy, not a civilan. Few americans possess these convictions? I certainly hope not as there terrorist convictions. The USA may not be perfect but when did we ever harm civilians on their own soil not during war time........as a terrorist act?!

You may want to respect the creativity of an army or persons who perhaps display the whole David vs. Goliath thing but to verbalize respect for actions and convictions of terrorists is beyond disgusting.

I was living and working in NYC that day and still do. Perhaps if you witnessed 9/11 with your own eyes up close and personal you might not be so impressed. You have a right to think and post what you want as I do so we'll chalk it up to a great topic that will stir some good emotion and response. I prefer to support and be impressed with the convictions of our own troops and not the actions of terrorists but true soldiers who know the real meaning of honor and sacrifice.

OK....you have a right to be pissed, and normally I think Shorthair tends to speak without thinking a little too much, but he does make a valid point here. The terrorists did die for a cause they believed in, just as our soldiers are dying for a cause SOME of them believe in. Most of them are just fighting for their lives.

I was in DC on 9/11, witnessed the things that happened there, and it sickens me that people could hate a country I love as much as I do this one enough to want to harm people who had nothing to do with the policies that they take issue with. As a former military member who has lost friends in both Iraq and Afghanistan, I can state that death in battle is nothing glorious, it's death. Period.

Most of the men and women who are fighting and dying "for our country" are not in it because of some grand patriotic belief that separates them from the rest of us. They are in the service, most of them- my guess would be >90% (there are a few who do it for glorious patriotic reasons) simply because its a steady job. Many of them are reservists or guard members who never counted on getting deployed. They aren't fighting for our right to say or do anything- they are fighting for their own survival. They're dying because of the will of an administration who wiping their collective a--es with the Constitution ever since 9/11 and their corporate masters. It's just not acceptable to say the Pvt. Smith and Lt. Jones died in glorious service to Halliburton so it's wrapped up in this BS about how they died trying to free the Iraqi people.

As for the true meaning of honor and sacrifice, and that we would never inflict terrorism upon someone- two words: ABU GHRAIB. Two more: Guantanamo Bay. We've killed civilians by the thousands: Dresden, Hamburg, Tokyo, Hiroshima. There are countless other cases that can be cited. It doesn't matter whether war has been declared or not. Pure and simple: There is no difference between war and terror. War is terror. Terror is war. Lesson number one: The quickest way to win a war is to kill large numbers of people and break the spirit of those who you don't kill. And nothing will do the latter quicker than the former.

There is nothing honorable about death, there is nothing honorable about killing- no matter the reason. There is nothing honorable about sacrifice for an abstract cause in war, because there are no abstract causes in warfare. There is only survival, minute to minute, hour to hour, day to day. Don't be a bleeding heart....yes we've lost innocents and we've lost brave men who fought valiantly as they were ordered. It doesn't make it hurt any less by pretending they died for "us". Dead is dead. The reason why is inconsequential.

If someone die in battle trying to protect their buddies, you deserve to be commended. That means you did it trying to protect your buddies, not for some right of all Americans.

But back to the main gist of this: Yes, it was wrong what the terrorists did, but I think Shorthair was just trying to point out it took balls to do what they did. And he's right. It did. Not many of us have that kind of dedication to anything, let alone religion or politics. I don't see you lining up to put your butt on the line for the first amendment.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.