9/11 Death Sentence?

Should Zacharias Mousaoui get the death penalty for his role in the 9/11 Attacks?  

26 members have voted

1. 1.

• I'm opposed to the death penalty in all cases.
    • Let him rot in jail
    • Yes, hang him high!

I'd be interested in hearing peoples' thoughts on this:

Should Zacharias Mousaoui, the "20th Hijacker" be put to death for his role in the 9/11 Attacks. He was supposed to be the 5th hijacker on the flight that crashed in PA. This was directed at the White House.

Personally, I have no moral reservations against the death penalty, but I think putting him to death would only serve to further his desire to be a martyr. I say let him rot in jail.

Devin

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the rules of war should be applied to him. He is a POW, not a US criminal, I cant begin to claim I am familiar with the rules of the geneva convention, but I am under the impression you are not to execute POWs. He should be tried by a UN tribunal, not a US criminal court.

As a citizen of this country, I think he should have been shot on sight. As a citizen of the world I think he deserves the right to be judged by a panel of representatives of all nations.

I dont think that 9/11 was good, I dont like those who did it, but I do have respect for them. From the perspective of a warrior, they made the ultimate sacrifice in a fight against an aggressor that they cannot defeat in conventional ways. The utilized tools that were available to the best of their abilities, and to their advantage.

As a US citizent these people are my enemies. But they did not do this because they were bored, or because they just wanted to stir the pot. They took these actions out of a conviction to their beliefs that few americans possess.

He should be treated as the Nazis were treated after the war.

We cannot pretend to be a civilized society while we continue to behave in a barbaric manner.

Punk, I couldn't agree more!

If we are to claim this is a "war" on terror and since Osama Bin Laden actually declared war on the United States, the rules of the Geneva Convention should apply. Granted, we shouldn't have to release him or trade him for prisoners... maybe just accidentally release him into general population.

Devin

i dont think the general public has to abide by the rules of the geneva convention, so if someone were to forget to lock the door to his cell and he happenned to walk out on the street, then hey, what could the government do? the citizens would take care of it

I like that idea.....I think they FDNY and NYPD should get the first go at him.

I like both of punks ideas. Have an international crimes against humanity tribunal, or accidently let him out of custody in Times Square and let him have some NYC street justice.

Allowing for a faulty memory on my part, I think most "normal day" criminal activity stopped, or at least slowed down, in New York City, in the 48 hours following the collapse of the Trade Center.

Also, the "General Population" referred to is not the general population of the US., I think it means the no-special treatment prisoners in jail, i.e. not in solitary or suicide watch areas, Evil as some of these "bad boys" are, like drug traffickers and murderers, they probably also want a piece of the 20th hijacker! It might be the only time the "Bloods," "Crips," "Latin Kings," "Aryan Nation," "Nation of Islam," and any other prison gangs might cooperate with each other. Everybody in New York City either lost someone or knows someone who lost someone at the Trade Center, the Pentagon, or on one of the hijacked jets, including those who are incarcerated.

Ron white does a great bit about the death penalty and Osama

but it basically boils down to this: The man is spiritually prepared to die for his belief and on some level relishes the thought, so a true punishment would rob of this.

Sorry, no bleeding heart here. Yes, I was thrilled the day McVeigh was executed for the OKC bombing. Does it decrease criminal activity, probably not, except at least by one. Did it bring closure.. yes for most.

These persons morays are not as most of the civilized western civilization. What do you think other countries would do ? Let Mousaui, get his wish. He performed this crime before act of war started. Sentence him, just like any act of violence.

Sorry, I have NO tolerance for planned, thought out, ruthless killing & terror on our country.

Be safe,

Ridryder 911

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.