Supersized

bbbrammer

Stop analyzing MY personal character, and start analyzing the issue at hand. Taking personal shots at me does not move your argument along one iota, because honestly, I'm unaffected by peoples opinions of me.

Then stop making remarks like this:

And yeah I judge people, I guess I'm heartless. Get over it.....

and this:

Yeah, I'm bitter......(edit).....I could be more compassionate, but I CHOOSE not to be.

if you want people to stop analyzing YOUR personal character.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then stop making remarks like this:

and this:

if you want people to stop analyzing YOUR personal character.

If you would please notice that those remarks are made in response to shots at my morality and class. Plus, last time I checked, I had the right to comment on my own personality, after all, I do know myself...But yeah that did a lot to move your point along. And a class in recognition of sarcasm wouldn't kill you.

If admin sees it fit to lock this thread, then so be it.

But in the meantime, I'm going to post as to why all of Imagine89's posts in this thread have pissed me off.

Anyone who's been a member of EMT City for any length of time knows I'm a big girl, and I have been all my life. One of those "land whales" as someone posted earlier. No, I don't have a medical problem for my weight, so, according to Imagine89, I have no reason to be fat.

Ever think about genetics, buddy? Everyone one both sides of my family are at LEAST 250 lbs., and 6 feet tall. Well sorry, I didn't inherit the height, but I certainly inherited the weight....you actually think I have a snowball's chance in hell of being skinny when everyone in my family is fat? Heh, think again!!! No, I'm not using that as an excuse to stay fat, as a matter of fact, I've lost 56 lbs. in the last year since being diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, so I know I can lose the weight. And I'm having gastric bypass surgery in the next few months in order to lose the rest of the weight. But I'm doing this for my health, not because of shallow people like Imagine89, who base everything on looks, which is so blatently obvious.

So far, in all of Imagine89's posts, I've still yet to see a REASON WHY he hates fat people. He says he has sympathy for obese people "if they have a medical condition", but if you don't have a medical reason for being fat, then, in essence, he's saying "the hell with you, you're not worth anything".

I take offense to that, because Imagine89 has NO GOOD REASON for hating fat people. None whatsoever. And if he has a reason for hating obese people, he hasn't posted it yet.

I lift heavy people everyday on the job, just like you do, Imagine89. I don't have a problem with it. If my partner and I know that we can't do the lift ourselves, then we call for additional help. But I certainly don't look down upon any obese people. Doesn't matter to me if their weight is caused by a medical condition, or if they can't keep their mouths shut, they called 911 because they need our help, and we help them. End of story.

If admin sees it fit to lock this thread, then so be it.

But in the meantime, I'm going to post as to why all of Imagine89's posts in this thread have pissed me off.

Anyone who's been a member of EMT City for any length of time knows I'm a big girl, and I have been all my life. One of those "land whales" as someone posted earlier. No, I don't have a medical problem for my weight, so, according to Imagine89, I have no reason to be fat.

Ever think about genetics, buddy? Everyone one both sides of my family are at LEAST 250 lbs., and 6 feet tall. Well sorry, I didn't inherit the height, but I certainly inherited the weight....you actually think I have a snowball's chance in hell of being skinny when everyone in my family is fat? Heh, think again!!! No, I'm not using that as an excuse to stay fat, as a matter of fact, I've lost 56 lbs. in the last year since being diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, so I know I can lose the weight. And I'm having gastric bypass surgery in the next few months in order to lose the rest of the weight. But I'm doing this for my health, not because of shallow people like Imagine89, who base everything on looks, which is so blatently obvious.

So far, in all of Imagine89's posts, I've still yet to see a REASON WHY he hates fat people. He says he has sympathy for obese people "if they have a medical condition", but if you don't have a medical reason for being fat, then, in essence, he's saying "the hell with you, you're not worth anything".

I take offense to that, because Imagine89 has NO GOOD REASON for hating fat people. None whatsoever. And if he has a reason for hating obese people, he hasn't posted it yet.

I lift heavy people everyday on the job, just like you do, Imagine89. I don't have a problem with it. If my partner and I know that we can't do the lift ourselves, then we call for additional help. But I certainly don't look down upon any obese people. Doesn't matter to me if their weight is caused by a medical condition, or if they can't keep their mouths shut, they called 911 because they need our help, and we help them. End of story.

I don't recall ever stating that I hated anyone, and you are losing weight, congratulations. You're trying, I said, and I quote "if they try and fail, more power to them, however this is where normality ends and a medical condition may begin"

I'm not at all shallow, I judge people based on character, upon meeting them, however, there is no good excuse for not attempting to lose weight if you're unhappy with the way you look, feel or if you think you're unhealthy. These are all things the individual in question decides on. If the person is one hundred percent content being obese, good for them, but that means that they don't require sympathy. Plus, I never said skinny, I said healthy, there is a such thing as heavy and healthy, which is something entirely different than obesity.

I'll tell you why i'm angry with people like you Connie, you read parts of my posts, have an emotional reaction, and ignore anything redeeming i say. But whatever, get as angry as you want, because I DON'T CARE. I am free to state my opinions.

Just as I am free to state my opinions of you, wether you like it or not.

We'll have to agree to disagree. But judging from what others have posted on here, I think the majority feel as I do.

Most people think the way you do because they're letting emotions get in the way of their logic. Let me break down my points, in list form, because people for some reason think I hate obesity, and I don't, I just don't sympathize with the condition under most circumstances.

- I think that people, obese or thin need to take accountability for their physical condition, because it is influenced soley by their choices.

- I do not sympathize with the MINORITY of obese people who do nothing but find scape goats for their condition, all the while stuffing their faces

- I DO sympathize with the obese population that is obese due to medical conditions, no depression doesn't count. I've been depressed before, it runs in my family.

- I do not believe that food is an addiction, or that that is an excuse for the condition

- I DO sympathize with the individuals who give weight loss through diet and exercise a shot, and fail, because in that situation, there's not much they can do.

Are you really saying that I'm a terrible person and that you hate me for these opinions?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.