Supersized

bbbrammer

emtsaver911: You have no clue about "my realm of human comapssion and suffering". Are you a land whale or are you sleeping with one?

And yes Im acting like an animal for your benefit. I am superior to the 500lb jabba the hut that cannot even see his own penis.

I am superior to these types of people because I live a better life with lots of exercise and not being lazy.

:laughing6: :sign5: :sign3:

LMAO...that was funny....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

emtsaver911: You have no clue about "my realm of human comapssion and suffering". Are you a land whale or are you sleeping with one?

And yes Im acting like an animal for your benefit. I am superior to the 500lb jabba the hut that cannot even see his own penis.

I am superior to these types of people because I live a better life with lots of exercise and not being lazy.

As EMS providers we dont have to have sympathy for land whales. We just have to put on our poker face and act like we give a shite...long enough to figure out how to get their big ass to the hospital.......

SOMEDIC

Somedic that was uncalled for......I think you need to go back to the basic rules and learn compassion for your fellow man.....everyone has a place in society big, little, short, tall it takes us all to make this world go round.....and i am one of those beached whales that thinks you are acting like a pompous ass...go ahead and report me it is time you quit judging people and show some compassion and concren for your fellow man........

TERRI

If I recall correctly, the original point of this thread was to retrieve information, not to start a name-calling, judging the human race competition. Far from being a nearly invisible waif, I am also far from the 'beached whale' category. That being said, us in EMS should not be having 'sympathy' for anyone. EMPATHY is what we should be demonstrating. At the very least compassion if you can't relate to what our patients are going through.

To answer the original question: 648lb woman...transferred to another facility after multiple surgeries to rid her of her necrotizing fascitis...6 people and we had to take our cot out of service after the call for repairs.

Tox :D

Well, to answer the question, we've had a 450+ lb pt, 2 people to lift the f/w. That was really fun. Then we had a 350+ lbs regular pt where we usually had 2 people to lift.

I am morbidly obese, which I am embarrassed about, but I am not letting that keep me in the house. I love my job and I do it well, and as long as I can still get around without hurting someone or something, I will keep it up.

I work not only as an EMT, but I also work on what's called a lift team. We work exclusively in a hospital, and are paged to go to different patient rooms and, well, lift them. Fortunately, the advantage of working in the hospital is we often have mechanical lifts, so we don't have to lift the patients manually all the time. However, there have been some individuals who exceed the lifting capacity of many of our lifts. In these situations, we call in an extra lift team, and get the help of RNs and NAs. In one situation, we had 8 people lifting an individual that I estimated to be about 700 lbs, just long enough to slide an X-ray board below them.

Many of patients that I encounter are ashamed of themselves for letting themselves get so large. In fact, many of them appologize to us. The fact of the matter is, many of them have some deep rooted physical or mental issue which contributes a great deal to their weight gain. Perhaps if more people would focus on this, then there wouldn't be so much negativity directed towards such patients.

If I recall correctly, the original point of this thread was to retrieve information, not to start a name-calling, judging the human race competition. Tox B)

Thank you tox. I am glad someone here finally got back to the original point of the thread.

To learn not to judge is a lifelong lesson. Any Hunter S Thompson fans out there? I quote "The Edge...there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over it." Applies to all kinds of situations, food addiction, alcoholism, insanity.

I have very little sympathy for many of them. THere is very little that differentiates them from the rest of the population, the fact that they don't want to do anything about their weight is one thing, but it's not going to get them much empathy.

WITHOUT PREJUDICE WITHOUT PREJUDICE WITHOUT PREJUDICE

EXCUSE ME BUT WHO IN HELL SAID THAT WE MORBIDLY OBESE PPL DONT WANT TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT, LET ME TELL YOU BUDDY, IF YOU SMOKE AND CANT QUIT, DOES THIS MAKE YOU STUPID ENOUGH TO WARRANT IT. IT MUST BE REALLY EASY TO QUIT SMOKING/LOSE WEIGHT.

I don't see food as an addiction. i'm sorry. You'll never ever sell me on that. The one time I feel bad for these people is when a medical condition leads to their weight. That's it. Otherwise it involves a series of choices that the people themselves make. When you take away our free will as humans, we become nothing more than the animals we feel superior to.

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING HERE, YOUR IN THE WRONG PROFESSION AND I DONT GIVE A FCUK IF THAT PISSES YOU OFF.

I was skinny up until I was 12 yrs old and since then I have gained and lost on my yo yo diet. I have a new problem, it's called STARVATION, that's how I lose weight, because MY BRAIN wont let me do the things I used to do, in order to lose weight, eating 3 meals a day. The sight of food makes me ill, because of this problem I have. No matter what, I will constantly fight myself on it, AND OTHER TIMES I HAVE TO FORCE MYSELF TO EAT.

I've binged before and got really sick, you dont think it's addiction, well buddy you have no fcuken clue do you, you think you have ALL the answers, you seem to know all about us, because you know what, dont preach unless you've walked a mile in my shoes, you dont speak for me or any of those poor souls out there. If you dont like it, or care, quit your job, that makes one less unprofessional tard to worry about.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.