What should the Basic-Medic Partnership look like?

Should a Basic be allowed to function within his scope of practice without having to confirm every action with the medic and gaining the medics permission?  

54 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • NO

I dont know whats with you lately but I recommend a high colonic and five mile hike carry a full jump kit.

This would have been an awesome line except for the fact it was ripped strait out of an episode of MASH.

I tell you what though, this business of people sneaking around in private messages is starting to get a tad annoying. NREMT if you have something to say, say it in the open forum, dont hide behind mummys skirt.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tell you what though, this business of people sneaking around in private messages is starting to get a tad annoying. NREMT if you have something to say, say it in the open forum, dont hide behind mummys skirt.

I disagree, as does (if I dare speak for him) the site Administrator. On many occasions, he has asked us to take our one-on-one exchanges that have strayed from the original topic to private messages. I find that to be a good policy. It's not like anybody is attacking anyone in these PMs, which would be an entirely different situation. It appears to be simple adult conversation to me. The childish part is running to the group with it. It creates the appearance that one is more interested in performing for the crowd than engaging in actual constructive adult dialogue. And it breaks down the trust that is crucial to the harmony of this community. I don't have to agree with everybody here. I don't even have to trust their professional judgement. But if I can't trust your civility and ability to play nice, then you are useless to me and the community.

Personally, I'm all for the immediate banning of those who violate this policy.

The childish part is running to the group with it. It creates the appearance that one is more interested in performing for the crowd than engaging in actual constructive adult dialogue. And it breaks down the trust that is crucial to the harmony of this community.

Now thats a blatantly obvious angle that i had not even considered. While id like to say performing to the crowd was not my intention, i totally agree that this statement. This is very bad form on my part and as such, will alter my stance on this particular subject accordingly.

And as my first step i would like to apologise to NREMT for breaching this point of netiquette :wink:

Later all....

Because she was an inspiration to MANY good musicians, and a lot of shitty rappers.

Word. I recently re-discovered Aretha after catching "The Blues Brothers" (with Arabic sub-titles :? ) on the satellite dish a few nights ago. She rocked in that movie!