Rural County EMS System--Scares me

SSG G-man

Tough issue, not related to if rural or urban is faster, better trained or more committed; its what we ask of volunteers in today's busy world.

I ask them not to volunteer at all.

Issue solved. :lol:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't start this argument, nor did I bash any provider.

Did I state anyone was better then another? No.

In my opinion I would rather be treated by a urban provider. I have the right to that.

As far as the pissing match I didn't start it, I responded to it. If you don't like consequences your actions create. Don't state things such as "I will put any rural provider against any urban provider, we do things that they think is a waste of time".

Then their will be no controversy, debate or argument.

Whit-

I dont know who your were talking to in your last post. If you want to only be treated by urban based agencies, thats fine. As was wisely stated by another poster to this thread, I would like whoever has the necessary equipment to take care of me. You may want to put a sign on your car that says "if I have had an mvc in a rural area, and you are a rural responder, please let me die while waiting 45 minutes for the next available urban crew to arrive. Thank you." The thing that I cant understand is your refusal to state to what level of EMS you are certified. I made the mistake of getting myself caught up in this thread, but you have made so many insulting, outlandish and baseless comments that it makes my head spin. I know...a tattoo that says "dont care for me unless you are a paid responder from a crew based in a city of 100,000 or more." I think this thread long ago stopped making sense. so maybe the powers that be can just go ahead and lock 'er up.

Nremt basic wrote:

As was wisely stated by another poster to this thread, I would like whoever has the necessary equipment to take care of me.

Yes, because having the necessary equipment to take care of you, translates to being competent to treat someone effectively......Your nuts.

then wrote:

I made the mistake of getting myself caught up in this thread, but you have made so many insulting, outlandish and baseless comments that it makes my head spin

What I stated sir, was my opinion. Being a citizen of the USA grants me that right. If you don't like opinions, especially ones posted on a public thread. Maybe you should reconsider your time spent here.

As far as my insulting, outlandish and baseless comments. I think your confused, that was not my intent. However, that there is your opinion in which you are totally entitled to.

I am an EMT, have been for over a decade.

What I stated sir, was my opinion. Being a citizen of the USA grants me that right. If you don't like opinions, especially ones posted on a public thread. Maybe you should reconsider your time spent here.

That's a negative ghost rider. You are right in the sense that the US government is very limited at regulating speech in the USA. This, however, is a private internet forum. It is private in the sense that the government does not own it, an individual owns it. He, and his delegates, can limit, edit, change, charge, or control this forum how ever they feel fit. Furthermore, if you think being a US citizen grants you an unlimited right to protected free speech, then might I advise you to not leave the boundaries of the United States.

I'm sorry, but I've seen the "free speech" argument before. It is quite possible one of the most asinine arguments ever made on any internet forum.

I now return you to the hijacked thread now focusing on "[insert region] basics are better" that is hopscotching to "[insert region] paramedics are better"

Ah, stupid week on EMTCity continues (this is in reference to this hijack and a few other threads out there).

Yes, because having the necessary equipment to take care of you, translates to being competent to treat someone effectively......Your nuts.

Well, you have to admit that it makes at least as much sense as saying that because your runs are in the city, your experience makes you more effective or competent than the next guy. If you aren't getting that, then YOU are nuts.

I'm sorry, but I've seen the "free speech" argument before. It is quite possible one of the most asinine arguments ever made on any internet forum.

Word. Would you care to guess Whit's reaction if you were to go into his home and start talking $hit? What do you think the chances are that he would happily support your "freedom of speech" rights in front of his family? Nil.

I hate hypocrites.

Dust wrote:

Well, you have to admit that it makes at least as much sense as saying that because your runs are in the city, your experience makes you more effective or competent than the next guy. If you aren't getting that, then YOU are nuts.

Please point out to where I said anything to that affect.

What I said was,

If you think that every person who shows up in that shiny truck with the lights on top, with the hundred-thousand dollars or so of equipment in it, translates them to being competent to use it. Whether urban, rural or on the F'n moon. Then yes your nuts.

Yes, I am entitled my opinion, which is ninety-percent of the content on this forum, opinions.

Then wrote:

Word. Would you care to guess Whit's reaction if you were to go into his home and start talking $hit? What do you think the chances are that he would happily support your "freedom of speech" rights in front of his family? Nil.

Oh you have the right, however I wouldn't suggest it.

If you would like to do it outside, in the street that is also your right.

Listen this discussion isn't about your rights or my rights, It was my mistake to state that it was.

It is however about opinion. No one forced you to come to this forum, and respond to this thread. You did it of your own free will. You have the right to disagree.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.