Most awkward/weird place for a call?

danieljones87

Hay Scaramedic, I can relate to that story. Worked as a brick layer for a few years and had to replace brick in rotery kiln once, payed double time, but conditions sucked.

Picked up naked striper once with back spasams, Yes a pole was involved.

Had a guy a a flooring plant pull a skid of wood out of a kiln, cable snaped and struck him across the chest and neck. Through him 10 feet across room and down into a sevice pit full of pipes.

He dropped about 10feet down landing prone. When I went down I only had about 2 feet of width to work in. Partner and I got him on a scoop and lifted him up to about shoulder hight befor any one else could grab on. He wayed about 200 lb, so it wasnt to bad. Did i mention all the hot water pipes that ran down the length of the pit?

After we got him out we were both covered in Black muddy oil crap (probibly carcinogenic) and were pulled out of service to clean up.

Saw the patent about a month later wearing a halo and about 30 stiches to close lac to neck

I was dispatched to the Med Center ER for a "transport".... Obviously confused (we were 911, not a private company), I know we definately sounded confused on the radio as we quietly made our way up the street...

3 people...a fat lady and 2 of her male friends called 911 for a transport home. :evil: WTF....we tried being very polite telling them that we cannot that they would have to call a private service and pay for transport. In a busy city like that, we couldn't take the chance that if we're carrying this whale up the stairs and dispatch calls us for a mroe severe call (ie, chest pain which we did get exactly 30 minutes later)... Umm no...call a taxi. Bu-bye

Just lase week we got a call for a man down in the water. Upon arrival on scene we found a female with only part of her face ( nose and mouth) sticking up out of the water. After craping in my pants and alerting fire, My partner and I walked to the shore and both said " damn shes dead!" At that time we hear "Im not dead, I'm waiting for someone!" She ended up with a mental hygene about an hour later.

Hello all, longtime lurker, new arrival...

Got a call to a local strip club for a syncopal episode, possible seizure, got on scene with several police officers who just happened to hear the call and wanted to make sure the scene was safe, to find a couple of dancers on stage...

got directed to the cubbyhole of a dressing area, and found a 23yo woman sitting on the floor, (yes, dressed in street clothes).

I have got a habit of a one track mind when on scene, I was focused on my patient, kneeling down at her level, getting the situation/history/vitals type thing, and there wasn't enough room for my partner to enter the room so he stayed at the door.

The stage dancer came in and needed to get to her locker right behind me, so I moved closer to the patient, continuing to assess... meanwhile my partner got a free show as the dancer behind me stripped completely and changed clothes.

Story of my life, naked dancer 1 foot away and I miss it.

• 2 weeks later...

In the town I used to volly for, we regularly got called to a local strip club for seizures. One of the dancers and one of the bouncers had some sorta seizure disorder. Other random people used to have seizures there too. It was a given we would go there at least 2-3 times a week. We also got called once to one of the many sleezy motels for a DOA. They had to go searching through the motel for her ID and such because everything was separately wrapped in ziplock baggies. Very very odd.....and smelly!

In the town I used to volly for, we regularly got called to a local strip club for seizures. One of the dancers and one of the bouncers had some sorta seizure disorder. Other random people used to have seizures there too. It was a given we would go there at least 2-3 times a week. We also got called once to one of the many sleezy motels for a DOA. They had to go searching through the motel for her ID and such because everything was separately wrapped in ziplock baggies. Very very odd.....and smelly!

You are crazy! and cute! :D

Dead priest in sleazy motel w/ his pants around his ankles,him on his back on bed and "friend" w/ special sauce still on his face wiigin' out thinking the cops were gonna charge w/ something.The cops told him nothing in statutes about oral sex as a weapon. Guess he arrested after his "magic moment" :roll: . The obit in the paper was hilarious, you'd swear he was giving someone else last rites when he died and not the other way around.

Logrolling a fat pig farmer patients onto the spinebord in a pig pen at the local agricultural show.

He tried climbing the fence and fell knocking him self out when he hit the poll with his head.

Problem... Couldn’t find the spinebord, when we rolled him onto it, it sunk in the muck and other waste products lol. Pigs were still in the pen to... Everyone found it pretty funny except me and my partner who smelt lol... The fun at the show ay! But hey nothin rescue cant fix.

Had to climb up the fieriest wheel at the same show to an asthmatic patient. Fieriest wheel was jammed... Great timing!

THIS IS THE BEST STROY...LOLOLOL

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.