EMS T.V. Show

How would you feel about an EMS T.V Show  

42 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • I really dont care

"EMERGENCY," from back in the 1970s, was a show about one of the first Fire Fighter/Paramedic programs in the US, that of the Los Angeles County Fire Department. We followed the adventures, and some of the misadventures, of "FF/PM Johnny Gage" and "FF/PM Roy DeSoto" of LACoFD Rescue 51, and the men (and Basset Hound mascot "Hank") of Engine 51, as they attempted to save lives, both medically, and in Fire Suppression/Rescue modes.

It was what brought a lot of us (myself included) into the EMS field.

Pursuant to another string about an EMS supervisor who transported a patient in the back of a pickup, "EMERGENCY" did show 2 episodes where patient transport was done in other than an ambulance or USCG Helicopter. In one, they transported a patient in a stokes basket on top of the Rescue during a forest fire, and in the other, after the ambulance was involved in a crash, with a critical patient who couldn't wait for a backup ambulance, again in a stokes, was transported along the (in)famous LA Freeway system, on top of the hose bed of Engine 51, actually hanging the IV from the "Deck Gun" water cannon!

The show that inspired me to follow my dream of becoming a Firefighter, EMT and Paramedic was the show Emergency 51. I used to have a lunch box, a little fire ladder and a emergency 51 helmet. At six years of age, when Firefighters responded to my house because my brothers car caught fire, I came running outside with my fire ladder and my emergency 51 helmet and said, "I am ready". The firefighters smiled at me. Furthermore; I also new I wanted to help others who were sick and injured because in 1982, I was stabbed 15 times, and because of the compassionate and dedicated hearts that did not give up on me, I knew I had a calling to be a part of the medical field and help others through tragedies, but before I was even allowed to begin my education in the EMT classes and continue on, I had to conquer many trials and tribulations in life so that I was being prepared for the challenges that I would be faced with in the future. Currently, as of Jan. 10th 2005, I am a EMT student, and I will be finished in May 2005. I sincerely ask for your prayers and support, for it inspires me to pass my tests and go on. There is nothing more I desire now then to dedicate my compassion and empathy to those who are hurting and who are sick. When I have the opportunity to help others in need, I feel like I am the richest person in the world, and what an overwhelming feeling. The feeling of winning the lotto is nothing like helping someone who is sick and there strength is being inspired by your love of your heart. To all those who dedicate your hearts, I would like to take a moment to say,i am grateful to you all, and that my prayers go out to you, your families and all your brothers and sisters in the fire and EMS services. I look forward to chat with yall. 23 years later, I am still praying to find the paramedic who never gave up on me. In conclusion, I am having the opportunity to express my gratitude to all those who take so many risks everyday to help others. My love to you all.

Signed

(The Little firecracker)

who will climb one rung at a time. And like the trick candles on a birthday cake, I will not burn out until God calls me home.

I actually like watchin old episodes of rescue 911...i like looking at the old rigs that they used to drive...and the care they used to do...i love paramedics too but i agree that they need new episodes..

Yes EMS shows would be great but I would really like to see some firefighting shows that aren't fake.....

I'd imagine it's hard to send the cameraman into a burning building... and then the pictures aren't so good.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.