Calling in Service w/partner MIA

radaret

I am currently working on a NET (non-emergency transport) unit with the partner from hell. I've only been working on my assigned truck for two days and had to write an incident report each day on her per my superiors. The latest incident involved her leaving me alone with the truck to do God only knows what for forty-five minutes without taking the radio or the pager or telling me wheres she was going. She did have her cell phone which I didn't know the number to. She finally showed up after another unit called dispatch for me and they called her on her phone. We were thirty minutes late to a pick-up because of her.

The question that I plan to ask my supervisior on Monday and that I'd like y'all's opinion on is should I wait to call in service until I know where my partner is or go ahead and call in service even if I don't where she is.

do not call in service without knowing where your partner is or you could get in trouble.

What I would do is this,

you call dispatch on your cell phone and say, the unit is back in service but my partner is not around. Tell them you do not know where she/he is but the ambulance is ready. That way your job has been completed by getting the unit in service.

By no means go in service if your partner is not available to respond to a call.

By the jist of your original post I sense that management is already aware of this person and is taking steps to kick her ass to the curb and they are using you to help them.

I would also keep a personal log of incidents where it could be her word against yours or put them in individual incident reports.

I for one would end this relationship right now and refuse to work with this partner.

The Partner from Hell is right! This gal has a serious problem. I agree with Ruffems that it sounds like managment knows what she is doing (and probablly with whom). Keep a log for yourself of what happens and if you can who else that might be credable is around. That way you know. Talk to the others with your service that you come into contact with during that time and don't be afraid to ask them "have you seen ------". That way you have brought their attention to the fact that you're looking for this "partner" and they can witness for you.

Keep doing YOUR job to the best of your ability and DO call dispatch and let them know that YOU'VE gotten the ambulance ready and don't know where your "partner" is.

Good luck at getting a short work time with this person.

Never call inservice unless you can respond now i would keep a log on what she is doining so you can cover yourself and why is she still working at your company i have learned in 25 years of ems service to make sure my butt is covered.

You can't call into service. You are lying. I'm not trying to bash you, I know it can be a hard call. The only ethical thing you can do is to call dispatch and let them know you are out of service due to manpower. Then make sure your supervisor knows. I speak from experience, I had a partner just like this.

If you're talking about going in service in the morning, I would clock in, give them all info you usually give, but say you're still waiting for your partner to arrive. That way you were there early, did your part, got the rig ready on time, but partner wasn't there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.