Deviated Pupil???

melangel16

Okay - just had a pt who was very confused (new), slurred speech etc. Determined prob a bleed - anyways he presented with his right pupil deviated to the right - not the entire eye - just the pupil. The rest of the eye functioned properly and pupils were equal (right one no response though to light) and according to his wife his eye was not like that before.

Just wondering if anyone has ever seen this or heard of this before - it's got me confused. :?

Okay - just had a pt who was very confused (new), slurred speech etc. Determined prob a bleed - anyways he presented with his right pupil deviated to the right - not the entire eye - just the pupil. The rest of the eye functioned properly and pupils were equal (right one no response though to light) and according to his wife his eye was not like that before.

Just wondering if anyone has ever seen this or heard of this before - it's got me confused. :?

I went to a seminar a couple of years ago where the optic lense was deviated 2-5 mm left or right up or down was a symptom for Marfan syndrom and Aortic Dissertion? Any cardiac History? www.marfan.org

Common physical finding in TBI, and herniations with pressure on the optic nerve, and ICP. Usually, it is both pupils not unilateral. However; about anything can go.

As well other neuro findings, we definitely need to increase neuro assessment and understanding for the EMT education.

R/r 911

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

ok thats a new one but as one previous person stated, and cataract surgery, facial trauma, or lazy eye surgery.???? nothing surprises me and expect to see weird shit, definitly sounds like something to as a optomitrist or opthamologist see if you can get some sorry for the pun insight to the situation.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.