The past 24 hours have been some of the worst of my career.

mediccjh

Medic, I'm sure there is not much I can add to what the others have posted already, but I agreethat you oughta take some time and spend it with your family. Those kind of shifts are tough on anyone, personally they always make me appreciate what I have.....my family and my health. We see it most everyday how fast life can change or be taken away. Also, remember that those shifts are few and far between and hopefully you are over the "sh** magnet" phase.

Take care,

Todd

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a rough couple of days. Go home monday, take a day away from the Pager and the scanner if you listen to it.

spend some time with friends, family or just in a hobby you enjoy.

My first day as an emt, brandnew on the streets emt, pedi code, adult code, mva with 3 class I trauma patients. They were so busy that I did not have a field training officer to ride with me and coach me. I was alone with my partner. All in all it went well but it was mentally draining.

Everyone has weeks like you had and in the end it does all work out.

Keep your spirits up and by all means, spend some time with the ones you love. We dont' get to see them all that often in this line of work.

This might of been a bad night but Im happy to hear you did it by the book.That is why the first vic lived.Pat your self on the back...and get some rest.

Make it The Week From Hell.

Every night this week, I have either intubated or needed/attempted to intubate someone.

Saturday night, I had a bad fatality MVA. SHe was dead in the car, but in PEA and entrapped. We worked it. I nearly lost it in the ER. Then had a heroin OD, which was nice and easy. First one in awhile, gave him 1 mg and he woke up. I nicely read him the riot act when he woke up, and hopefully scared him straight (I doubt it).

Tonight, another pin job, with an ungrateful bitch who was more upset that we busted the glass of her car which was upside down. Gotta love the drunk drivers.

I'm lucky enough while yes I can be an asshole when the certain hospital is on divert, I do have the respect of the staff there, including the doctors, and they were more focused on my well-being than anything else. It's a comforting feeling knowing that there are people there watching your back.

Only 2.5 more hours, and I'm escaping for 2 days.

He made it shes sane again.. Well Ok as sane as he ever was to begin with.

Rid he had his Guinness at Cheers.

But Ill tell ya nothing like standing in the ocean at 30 degrees now is there?

Your welcome any time you know that.

Ha my first post in months.. Go figure.... I think I'm getting sick or something.

He made it shes sane again.. Well Ok as sane as he ever was to begin with.

Rid he had his Guinness at Cheers.

But Ill tell ya nothing like standing in the ocean at 30 degrees now is there?

Your welcome any time you know that.

Ha my first post in months.. Go figure.... I think I'm getting sick or something.

SHE? When did I become a SHE???

Don't make me proofread your post, Frankie.........

i hear you

I have been a crap magnet lately for last month. I hear your pain just take it easy and find a leisure activity that gets you away and doesn't have anything to do with work. I started the month with a fatal accident with 3 critical patients my pt 17 shallow to absent breathing trismissed unable to bag pt psyching myself to do a surgical trach start to get ready and pt starts breathing yeah. thank god had a drowning and a murder suicide within 3 hrs of each other following morning did a open ankle fx bleeding caused hypovolemia with an altered mental status apparently according to family did it previous night told family not to call for ambulance. two post cardiac arrest patients with dopamine and antiarrthymic, intubated with no one available to bag or do chest compressions if needed. Burn victim other day still have the burning flesh smell in the nose. last night a ten pt motor vehicle accident with a stuff a car ( lets see how many people can fit into a small suv hmmm) so just hang in there it cant get any worse it can only get better. lol

Is that really you???

Wow I thought you had gone for good.

Good to see ya around every now and then even id you do drink that dark crap that the skirt wearing medic does.

Skirt? A f--king SKIRT?!!

REAL MEN WEAR KILTS!!!!!

-5 for the last sentence making NO sense whatsoever.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.