EMT jobs In Indianapolis

Texymedic

I am a new EMT-IV, Nationally rgistered as well living in Chattanooga, Tn. My husbands job is relocating us to Indianapolis Indiana on December 4th. i am looking to see what employment opportunities there are for me up there. Anyone know? Tnaks.

I beleive Rural/Metro provides the EMS for Indianapolis. According to their website, they are currently hiring EMT's and Medics for this location.

www.ruralmetro.com

I hope this is some help to you, oh, Welcome to EMT City!

Along with the private services already mentioned, Indianapolis Fire Department is also hiring right now. Wayne Township FD is on the west side of town. They aren't hiring career EMS right now, but do have positions available from time to time. Rumor has it, the City of Lawrence FD is going to be hiring 4 civilian EMS personnel at the first of the year. It is located on the east side of town. There is a phone number on the website you could call to find out if they actually are going to do a process or not. The area code isn't included on the site though. It's 317.

So is IFD putting Wishard out of the Ambulance business?

Also to the original poster in addition to the other services both private & fire department that have been listed you might want to check out some of the neighboring countys as well. Some of the northern bordering countys have fire department only services but there are still a few county/hospital run services as well.

Also most Hospitals now hire EMT's to do a wide variety of jobs, not just the E.R. It may not be what you want as far as excitement but most of them pay very well with decent benefits.

Good luck in your job hunt.

No, IFD does not want into the Transort Business. Some of the townships do their own transports (Warren, Franklin for sure, Wayne and Pike(?) use civilian). Rural Metro is the only service I Know of that has any real amount of 911 ambulances. Hendricks County is all Fire based EMS, but Brownsburg is going "civilian" town employees. Plainfield has an open system right now where if you are a Paramedic and you can pass PERF, CPAT and a background check you pretty much have a job. Buck Creek Township and Greenfield Fire do most of the Hancock County ambulance services.

IFD is keeping the ambulances that Washington Township had prior to the two departments merging. They are wanting to staff those ambulances with civilian employees for IFD.

Perry Township is the only township in Marion County that I know of that uses Rural/Metro. I think the other townships all have their own EMS. Indianapolis is covered by Wishard, and the last I heard they are back to two medics on a truck instead of EMT/Medic. The EMT's that you see at Wishard were already employees when the change was made and have been allowed to keep their positions.

Johnson County, to the south of Indy is covered by Rural Metro for the most part. Not sure about any of the other outlying areas.

As far as EMS jobs in Indianapolis, it depends on a few things. If you're able to pass the CPAT and are under 35, there is always fire based positions, however medics have it a lot easier, and can walk on many departments, Including the above mentioned, plus the Anderson Fire Department. There is the Carmel FD, Fishers FD, Westfield FD, Noblesville FD, IFD, all the townships mentioned above, and there is Greenwood FD but I would avoid that area due to an overall ego oriented atmospere. In the civilian world, things are growing due to the medic shortage. Rural/Metro, as mentioned above, is pretty much the main player in the 911 industry, with 911 coverage to the southside of indianapolis, including Greenwood, Perry township and all of Johnson county, Martinsville and Morgan county, Tipton city and Tipton County, and Richmond and I believe its wayne county. R/M also provides 911 for parts of the Anderson area along with providing ALS to most of the counties BLS providers. I believe there might be a few other small locations Im unaware of. Along with these 911 areas, they also provide a majority of the interfacility transfers within central indiana, something along the lines of 150-200 runs a day throughout the state. Its a great place to start and learn the area, and plant your roots like many have. Wishard is currently hiring dual medics. there is also some other private providers already mentioned above. Indiana areas, for the most part honor EMT-Basic and EMT-Paramedic levels only, with few exceptions. the state has an EMT advanced level, but it is recognized by few providers.

Care is still doing Private service and is the busiest private service in Marion County (Indianapolis) and is hiring alot of people and looking to expand into other areas, both 911 and transport.

Rural Metro does do alot across the state. and the other private services mentioned are fairly busy also.

Wayne Township hires Civilian EMS, PT EMS and Fire and Full time Fire.

JeniF371 which Jen are you.

let me know if I can help in anyway,. good luck

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.