Pay Scale

sledogg1

Thumper what the hell is your problem..........cost of living here has gone up here the most in Canada over the last 3 yrs.

So before you shoot off your useless yap do your research.

That is an indication that you chose either your profession, your employer, or your location poorly. Sounds like a personal problem.

Don't take it out on Thumper.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Full Time / Part Time

Salary based on years of experience as recognized by the OAASC

1st year $90 000.00

2nd year $95 000.00

3rd year $100 000.00

4th year $105 000.00

5th year $110 000.00

Signing Bonus

This Company just laid off 99% of their ACPS

Yea... and unfortunately with all the Ornge changes going on... definately a cut back in services to the entire air ambulance system. Kind of reminds me of the late 80's and 90's era when we relied on only a few dedicated bases and nurses to do our jobs on all other flights.

I'm a medic in northern ontario... I work PCP in a remote community and I'm pulling in six figures annually. However, lots of oncall which includes call-backs and 3 man crews doing the work of 4 so lots of OT as well. I'm making more then the ACP(f) and some CCP(f) that come up for medivacs out of my community. However, they sleep, I don't have that luxery. But... a few months up here as a new grad, really helps relieve the debt load outta school. My hourly wage is $29.95/hr. The PCP job market is closing up in Ontario so the hourly wages may be great, but the hours for new hires are few and far between. I guess I'm lucky to have a full-time job. Might fight for the dark side soon and go fire, I hear they love medics. 8)

Yea... and unfortunately with all the Ornge changes going on... definately a cut back in services to the entire air ambulance system. Kind of reminds me of the late 80's and 90's era when we relied on only a few dedicated bases and nurses to do our jobs on all other flights.

The "cut backs" are apparantly temporary, or so it would seem. There are some more fairly large changes coming down the tubes that should shake up the industry in other ways. Stay tuned, it will be an interesting year for the Ontario Air Ambulance system.

• 1 month later...

Found some more information for people to keep track of with regards to wages.

The Alberta Ambulance Operators Association has a brief of thier ongoing Salary Survey (since 1997).

Click on the link on the left side of the page.

Salary Survey Results

The Alberta Ambulance Operators Association has been conducting a Salary Survey every year since 1997. This survey is sent to all our Active & Affiliate Members each year, and only those that respond to the whole survey, receives the results of the complete survey.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.