I nead your opinions on a MVA call that I went on.Thankx

ghurty

I was thinking in terms of MOI and correlations between between the two. Any MOI enough to cause a loss of conciousness is enough to cause a c-spine injury.

I asked this because i had a patient who had a loss of conciousness, regained it for about 30 minutes when he collapsed from a sub arrachnoid and was later found to have a c-spine. As i disclaimer, i was not summoned until he collapsed the second time 8)

I guess the answer i was after is in here :wink:

There have been several recent studies that show MOI does not necessarily correlate with injuries. In my experience (no studies to prove it) the brain is much more easily injured that the spine. I'd be curious to know if that pt would have been cleared by NEXUS before he went out. Also keep in mind that the NEXUS criteria (or the CCS rules) are neither 100% sensitive or specific, but you won't be able to find anything that comes as close.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.